Search found 2547 matches

by Alberto Virtuani
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:40 pm
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: Bismarck firing procedures at DS
Replies: 615
Views: 44897

Re: Bismarck firing procedures at DS

Hi swpz, the difference between ordered shots (multiple of 4) and fired shells is clear and it was clear to Lutjens too. He would have never said Bismarck ordered 93 shots as this make no sense in gunnery terms, also with a gun unavailable. I don't think all the British witnesses speak about 5 salvo...
by Alberto Virtuani
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:14 pm
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: Bismarck firing procedures at DS
Replies: 615
Views: 44897

Re: Bismarck firing procedures at DS

Hi swpz, you wrote: "Is it possible Lutjens was unaware of the actual number of shells fired but instead only aware of the number of shots ordered and that is what he reported" I don't think so as: 1) 93 is not a multiple of 4 and ordered shots should be while firing full or semi salvos; 2) assuming...
by Alberto Virtuani
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:31 pm
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Hello everybody, Wadinga wrote: "the film which was shot some minutes before Hood was destroyed" Mr Wadinga needs help to understand the film. In the first seconds of the film there is a clear turn of PG, well visible looking at the railings of PG starboard side that move aft when the camera is kept...
by Alberto Virtuani
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 am
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Hello everybody, therefore, after (explaining what was clear to everybody already and after) admitting I was right and he was wrong with the railings and the timing of NH69731 being taken at around 6:03:20 , with PG still on course around 220° (bearing to PoW is even less than 140°, not 150° at 6:03...
by Alberto Virtuani
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:53 am
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: Bismarck firing procedures at DS
Replies: 615
Views: 44897

Re: Bismarck firing procedures at DS

Hello everybody, of course after the fair admission of Byron Angel that the splashes are from PoW as they are defined and well visible (no splash can be visible like that from 14 km distance.....), there is a much less fair hooligan here trying to still support the crazy theory that these are German...
by Alberto Virtuani
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:40 am
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Hello everybody, Wadinga wrote: "the "handrail being parallel with the horizon". It always is unless you are sinking>....Nice repro of NH 69723" At least Mr.Wadinga has possibly understood he said a pure nonsense :lol: and now he should admit that NH69731 shows the railings parallel to the horizon, ...
by Alberto Virtuani
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:59 pm
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Hello everybody, Wadinga wrote: "Thank you for posting your meaningless fantasy Bismarck table here why not move it to the correct thread" Because Mr.Wadinga spoke first about it in this thread... :negative: and he is UNABLE to counter it and apparently even to understand it. Wadinga wrote: "PoW's s...
by Alberto Virtuani
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:39 pm
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Helo everybody, as well as per above post, Mr.Wadinga is UNABLE to propose his own salvo chart for Bismarck (I have done one, Antonio has done his one, Mr.Wadinga prefers to think that the "fog of war" prevents any reconstruction). Instead of uselessly pointing out my pretended errors, he could try ...
by Alberto Virtuani
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:34 pm
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Hello everybody, Q.E.D. Mr Wadinga is UNABLE to post his own version of the very annoying table that shows the only possible comparison between Bismarck and PoW shooting in terms of RoF, built using the RN methodology adopted by McMullen .... However the 93 shells (vs 55) are a FACT that he cannot d...
by Alberto Virtuani
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:09 pm
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Hello everybody, anyone can judge Mr.Wadinga (and his best insulting hooligan, whose insinuations are just stupid crap) attitude to mud waters and change argument when left without any way to deny the timing of the photo NH69731 and of the PG film , being obliged to quibble over the meaning of "to p...
by Alberto Virtuani
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:23 am
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Hello everybody, Paul Mercer wrote: " not sure we are going to get any firm conclusions on this one either" Hi Paul, I disagree with your conclusion, this may be true ONLY for people refusing to admit what the incontrovertible EVIDENCES show us: Wadinga wrote: " We have no idea what course PG is on....
by Alberto Virtuani
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:40 am
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Paul Mercer wrote: "are some people saying that Y turret did not jam at all?" Hi Paul, I don't think anyone has said Y turret did not jam at all. The point is that both McMullen in his GAR (salvo 20) and Leach in his narrative (during the turn) make clear that the jamming happened after the turn aw...
by Alberto Virtuani
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:49 am
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Hello everybody, Wadinga wrote: "why not explain how in your imagination Aylwin managed to nearly hit Prinz Eugen with his 20th salvo, when he did not even know where the 19th landed?" Irrelevant question. We have a photo NH69731 (perfectly timed at around 6:03:20 as PG is still on course 220° while...
by Alberto Virtuani
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:02 am
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Hello everybody,

The crusader Mr.Wadinga should show us where McMullen or Wilkinson/Barben say that the 14" of PoW were NOT FIT FOR ACTIVE SERVICE. :lol:


Bye, Alberto
by Alberto Virtuani
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:17 pm
Forum: Bismarck General Discussion
Topic: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung
Replies: 278
Views: 22679

Re: KGV and PoW GAR during Op. Rheinubung

Hi Paul, I think all the causes you list were possible on board WWII battleships, where very complex, fast acting, mechanisms were "coupled" to more flexible but less reliable human beings. you wrote: "are there any records in Vickers or RN archives that analyze the failure of PoW's guns?" We all kn...