To call to a Bismarck Followers Reunion?

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

Karl Heidenreich

To call to a Bismarck Followers Reunion?

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

Is it possible for this site to call and/or organize a Bismarck Followers Reunion?
Maybe some members and Bismarck friends, authors, survivors, etc. can met in some city next year and have several days exchanging opinions, lecturing, buying merchandise, studying, exposing theories, etc. In this way we can know each other personally and have a good time also! :D
It´ll be great if there is the possibility to achieve this.
Best regards
George Roumbos
Supporter

Post by George Roumbos »

Hello Karl,
Something like this happened last year.
It started out as an idea from Christian from Sweden at the Bismarck-class.dk forum and we finally did it and had a great meeting in Germany last May :D :D , visiting Wilhelmshafen :D , Peter Tamm museum :D , Blohm & Voss :D , Bismarck memorial and lunch with the Bismarck survivors where we had the oportunity to meet them and talk with them :D (all organized by John Assmussen webmaster of Bismarck-class.dk :D :D :D ), Karl Doenitz grave with a U-99 survivor-veteran :D , U-995 and Moelendorf memorial :D etc
More than 20 people from 7 :D countries were present in the meeting :D :D :D
I remember I posted on this exact website about a joint meeting, I did the same at the Hood website but never received an answer :( :( :( (exept Jose who answered to me on my private mail).
Maybe another meeting can be arranged, but if it's going to be a meeting of just one forum-site members, I do not know if it's an invitation to ALL Bismarck mates or not, i.e. last year we where together with a whole bunch of Schlachtschiff.com members :D - mates. They can be found at the marinearchive.de forum now :D .
The only guy present who was mailing in this forum aswell (kbismarck.com) was my self...

Anyway, it's a good oportunity to meet and live something special, trust me, it's worth the effort...

All the best, George
"Ich lasse mir doch mein Schiff nicht unter dem Arsch wegschiessen. Feuererlaubnis !"

George "tango-echo" Roumbos, Hellas

www.emioannina.gr
Antonio Bonomi

Bismarck and KM fan reunion

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao George and all,

I was thinking to call a meeting this spring for some Italian fan in Firenze ( Florence ) or Roma ( Rome ).

But we can do it in Milano ( Milan ) or in Venezia ( Venice ) area as well, or in Garda lake area.

Genova or La Spezia ( Regia Marina stuffs ) could be elegible as well.

Would that be OK ?? Just an idea from my side.

Ciao Antonio :D
Karl Heidenreich

Hi!
Yes, my original idea was to do it Convention Style. If it is so then it can be at Italy, Germany, New York, anywhere where there is an hotel with a convention center. I´ll hope that people from this forum and other dreadnought and naval ones can assemble but with the Bismarck as the focus point (Hood can be the parallel topic).
But, as a matter of fact, I first want to hear José Rico´s opinion on all this because he was the one that put as all in contact and we owe him a lot of consideration.
I´ll hope this can materialize next year so we can gather a lot of people and material.
Best regards to all.
Matthias

Re: Bismarck and KM fan reunion

Post by Matthias »

Antonio Bonomi wrote: La Spezia ( Regia Marina stuffs )
Yes....seems a very good idea to me...:D
"Wir kämpfen bis zur letzten Granate."

Günther Lütjens
Ulrich Rudofsky
Contributor & Translator

Post by Ulrich Rudofsky »

A meeting for just 60-100 persons is a lot of work!!!!!! I am arranging the 3rd Annual 1:1250 Scale USA Ship Model Conference in NYC. And it is tough to deal with volunteers and so on.

The good news is: We have available the cadet quarters for a minor fee of $40/night at the wonderful Throgs Neck Peninsula. (NYC hotels are $250+). Also, at the same time there will be the USN Fleet Week in New York. It will be a great opportunity to see all this at a very low price. We have the quarters from May 22 -31. More will be posted at http://users.nac.net/nyc1250/ (right now last year's info is fairly similar to this years), and the the SUNY Maritime College is a great place to drop your anchor. Think about it :lol:
http://www.maritimeindustrymuseum.org
http://www.sunymaritime.edu/
http://www.1250ships.com/features/newyork2004.htm
Ulrich
Karl Heidenreich

For me this year is out of the question, too many things to do and too little time, that´s why I proposed to do it next year. But I believe that NYC is a wonderfull idea.
Let´s see what happens next.
pdfox99

Post by pdfox99 »

I think I can make it. I'll be at Fleet week for sure since I live near Central Park in NYC, its only a subway ride down to the harbor.

By the way, anyone know how I can spritz up my Tamiya model of the Bismarck? I want to make it as realistic as possible. Also, are there any third parties that make decals?

Paul
Paul D. Fox