Bismarks Propellers

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

Oboat1

Bismarks Propellers

Post by Oboat1 »

Standing at the stern looking towards the bow, what was the rotation of each propeller?
Alberto Virtuani

Re: Bismarks Propellers

Post by Alberto Virtuani »

@ Oboat1,
hi, if I remember correctly (I'm currently out of Milan and cannot check on my books),looking from the stern, the starboard propeller was turning clockwise, while the port and the central ones were rotating counter-clockwise.
I will check better when I'm back and confirm you !
Bye, Alberto
"It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition" (Adm.A.B.Cunningham)

"There's always a danger running in the enemy at close range" (Adm.W.F.Wake-Walker)
Alberto Virtuani

Post by Alberto Virtuani »

@ Oboat1: from "our" www.kbismarck.com site (thanks to J.M.Rico) here the confirmation:
$2478E338DCE5B221.jpg
$2478E338DCE5B221.jpg (15.53 KiB) Viewed 4939 times
Bye, Alberto
"It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition" (Adm.A.B.Cunningham)

"There's always a danger running in the enemy at close range" (Adm.W.F.Wake-Walker)
Oboat1

Post by Oboat1 »

Many thanks to all. I'm building Trumpeter 1/200 and I will make it RC. The model comes with an extra main turret, which is clear to show the interior, if any one has any knowledge of the paint scheme of the inside, I would be very grateful.