Prelude to Matapan

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

Alberto Virtuani

Re: Prelude to Matapan

Post by Alberto Virtuani »

As far as I can see, you are the one who is trolling these boards. You make ridiculous claims (like, in this very thread, regarding a possible cover up because no author explained the evident reason why only 1 battleship went at sea.....) and you have a very biased approach.

Coming to your further points, I never realized that you had finally found any reference that the Italians could use their main guns at night before Matapan :lol: . PLEASE proof it, if you are able !

I never said the Italian authors covered all aspects. I do say that I have not seen a single British author criticizing e.g. Capt.Leach for withdrawing his battleship from the fight, and this demonstrates how the incorrect official version, sold for 70+ years, has been accepted and popularized.

But the worst (and what makes your presence in these threads totally useless), is that, since the beginning, you are unable to substantiate with posted documents (or even quoting the others) ANYTHING that you pompously say :oops:
pgollin wrote: "IF you think that no authors who have criticized Leach you are severely mistaken"
I asked you to tell me who did several times already...... finally admit that your statement was "incorrect" (to use a nice word). A bit of autocriticism will help you improving as an individual.

All in all a mess - at zero added value in any discussion, just bothering the other forum members with your own agenda. From my side the discussion can finish here, as you are clearly NOT interested to discuss the aspects related to the prelude of Matapan.
"It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition" (Adm.A.B.Cunningham)

"There's always a danger running in the enemy at close range" (Adm.W.F.Wake-Walker)
pgollin

Post by pgollin »

A perfect example of your trolling, thank-you
Alberto Virtuani

Another example of your inability to answer questions and to substantiate anything you say - thank you so much
"It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition" (Adm.A.B.Cunningham)

"There's always a danger running in the enemy at close range" (Adm.W.F.Wake-Walker)
pgollin

Post by pgollin »

So you make a trolling post which meaninglessly switches claims against the British with those of Italians and expect some sort of sensible reply ?

When you then get accused of trolling, you then say why didn't I answer and substantiate !

I think a troll accusing someone of not answering a trolling meaningless post sensibly is hilarious, what a shame.

(P.S. You still haven't explained your hypocrisy regarding the (lack of) action of Italian authors versus British.)

Alberto Virtuani

No, YOU are mixing attitudes vs British and Italian (the title of this thread is related to Matapan....). I have shown you examples of Italian authors not happy at all with Italian RM officers behavior already, and even an entire very popular and well known book suggesting that Italians admirals of WWII should have been all sentences of death....

Now, try to justify your own statement (or do you deny to have written such a statement ?) :
pgollin wrote: "IF you think that no authors who have criticized Leach you are severely mistaken"
Who, please ? (it's a simple question, even phrased in my poor English, I think you should be able to answer if you are not inventing things to support your agenda.....)

I think someone unable to answer and substantiate anything and insisting to discuss (in a very impolite way, in addition) is hilarious, what a shame.

pgollin

Post by pgollin »

Another trolling post - tedious
Alberto Virtuani

Another (insolent) example of inability to provide answers - very tedious.