New Bismarck Anatomy of the Ship Book

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

José M. Rico
Administrator

New Bismarck Anatomy of the Ship Book

Post by José M. Rico »

It seems a new Bismarck Anatomy of the Ship edition will be published later this year, by Polish 3D artist Stefan Draminski.

https://www.amazon.com/Battleship-Bisma ... 472828887/
José M. Rico
Administrator

Re: New Bismarck Anatomy of the Ship Book

Post by José M. Rico »

Did anybody get the book already?
It's now available in Amazon, and after reading a couple of reviews there. it seems it is much better than the previous edition.
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

Yes, I bought it and I'm really in conflict about it. The appearance of the book is marvelous and beyond any dispute. OTOH it has a lot of errors.....but that's not such a big deal. To "understand" Bismarck is a very, very hard learning process and certainly a life-task and therefore I don't want to blame the author for this errors. Much much worse is the unnecessary pseudo-accuracy of some drawings. The hull plating is shown in almost every detail, but apparently it's fantasy. It seems to be just a mishmash of Tirpitz's hull surface development and Bismarck's docking plan. Sometimes less is more.
By and large it's more comprehensive and better than Brower's book. I tend to recommend it, but not with an entire good conscience for the above reasons.
Regards

Marc

"Thank God we blow up and sink more easily." (unknown officer from HMS Norfolk)
pgollin

Post by pgollin »

Well, apart from the threat of a comedy book from A & A in the future , there are two other Bismarck books due out early next year.

The first is a paperback re-print of "The Battle of the Denmark Strait: A Critical Analysis of the Bismarck's Singular Triumph" by Robert J Winklareth (!)

https://amazon.co.uk/Battle-Denmark-Str ... 080&sr=1-1

HOWEVER, the other looks set to become a classic, "Battleship Bismarck: A Design and Operational History" by William H. Garzke Jr. , Robert O. Dulin Jr. and William J. Jurens

https://amazon.co.uk/Battleship-Bismarc ... 491&sr=1-1

Antonio Bonomi

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Hello everybody,

the new book by Stefan Draminski is for sure the best one can find today about 3D's that is where Stefan in the best in the world.

In fact Stefan, ... a really great persons, ... does cooperate currently with me and Robert Gehirnger about the new Tirpitz book series of 5 ( 4 already published and one to come in November 2019 ) and in the future he will do the same with us for the Bismarck series of next 3 books on 2020, 2021 and 2022, ... and under my direction, ... as usual, ... he will realize the 3D' s for the coming Bismarck series of books.

He wanted and liked to anticipate this work with this publication on his own and I am happy for him to have satisfied his dream and desire, ... to have a book about the Bismarck, ... all on his own.

A sure highly recommended purchase and must have for all the Bismarck lovers, ... :wink: :ok:

Bye Antonio
In order to honor a soldier, we have to tell the truth about what happened over there. The whole, hard, cold truth. And until we do that, we dishonor her and every soldier who died, who gave their life for their country. ( Courage Under Fire )
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

pgollin wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 amWell, apart from the threat of a comedy book from A & A in the future ...
Please don't try to divert a new discussion towards something that has nothing to do with it. Just stay on topic.
This goes to all.
Thanks.
wadinga

Post by wadinga »

Hello Herr Nilsson,

Does the new book show any representation of the GHG hydrophone array? Ideally photographs of this super secret piece of kit, but even a representation on a drawing would be something.

However:
The hull plating is shown in almost every detail, but apparently it's fantasy.

:?

All the best

wadinga
"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

@Sean
There are some drawings, but unfortunately it is Tirpitz‘ GHG. Bismarck‘s GHG had a slightly different arrangement of the hydrophones. The colour of the hydrophones is wrong as well.
Regards

Marc

"Thank God we blow up and sink more easily." (unknown officer from HMS Norfolk)
kapitanpi

Post by kapitanpi »

Hello everybody,
Stefan Draminski here. Encouraged by Jose, I decided to post some sample pages from my book to give you a better idea of its contents. The main focus of this publication is the Bismarck's external appearance - something the modelers are looking for. All the modifications are covered and each element is shown in scale drawings as well as colour 3Ds. General internal arrangements are also shown along with main and secondary turrets' insides. I made every effort to add the smallest detail possible. There are 336 pages with over 660 drawings in various scales, over 400 colour illustrations and 25 photographs. Hope this helps! Please feel free to give me your opinions.
Regards to all,
Stefan
kapitanpi

Post by kapitanpi »

The attachment Untitled-01.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Untitled-01.jpg
Untitled-01.jpg (112.58 KiB) Viewed 5385 times
kapitanpi

Post by kapitanpi »