English Project

Anything else you want to talk about.
Ramius

English Project

Post by Ramius »

:oops: Hi, I have to do a line drawing of the Globe Theatre for a project. I have searched the internet and various books in my library and cannot find the angle of the roof or the diameter (or radius, doesn't matter) of the hole in the top of the roof. That and other dimentions would be very, very helpful...

PS: Did find this wounderful site, but doesn't have the rood angle that I know of.
http://www.designcommunity.com/discussion/32798.html

Sincerely,
Marko Ramius
RF

Re: English Project

Post by RF »

I am not really interested in this sort of subject and off the top of my head I would suggest looking up the Royal Shakespeare company on the internet and contacting them. Even if they haven't a clue to the answer you seek, they should be able to point you in the right direction.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
tommy303

Post by tommy303 »

The modern Globe theatre is an educated guess as to what the first and second Globe theatres were like. Truth of the matter is, except for some rough dimensions, no one knows exactly. Therefore, with the figures you have, your guess about the pitch of the thatched roof (what little there was) would be as good as anyone's

Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
They stood and Earth's foundations stay;
What God abandoned these defended;
And saved the sum of things for pay.
Ramius

Post by Ramius »

:D OK, thanks. I think I found a good angle, starting at the outer edge of the third floor up to the inner ring of the yard.
No need for any other posts, but thanks anyway.

Thanks Again,
Marko Ramius