Betancourt liberation

Anything else you want to talk about.
Karl Heidenreich

Betancourt liberation

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

Congratulations to the Colombian Armed Forces for the liberation of Betancourt and other 14 hostages, three of them north american military personnel. It´s a shame for the civilized world that it took 6 years to see the day of the ending of this evil act of terrorism from the communist narco guerrillas.
The hope is that these activities are in decline, even with dictator Hugo Chávez, Ecuador´s Corea and Evo Morales hipocrite support. The world does not need more guerrillas and random violence as those of the FARC.

What is sad were Betancourt public comments that said that it was France the one country to which she is gratefull for her liberation. How many Colombian regulars die or were wounded looking for her these six years? How many inteligence agents pay with their lives for a bit of info of her whereabouts? Which country´s army it´s now fighting the guerrilas and, ultimatly, planned and executed her liberation? Now, it´s France the one country which took the personal congratulation of Betancourt.... Well, life isn´t fair... :silenced:
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
lwd

Re: Betancourt liberation

Post by lwd »

From what I've read on it the Colombians did a fantastic job. I haven't read her comments but it would seam awfully strange not to give them top honors.
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

I can see her thanking france because of their efforts over the years and the way they took care of her family, but it seems uncharacteristic of her to not thank the Columbians. Are you sure she didn't say good things about them also, but in another quote?

Anyway, terrific job. Apparently they tricked the rebels into loading them into a helo and there was no shooting at all.
RF

Post by RF »

In the UK this has been completely unreported, as if it hasn't happened.....
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.