Usain Bolt did it again!!

Anything else you want to talk about.
José M. Rico
Administrator

Usain Bolt did it again!!

Post by José M. Rico »

4 days after smashing 100 meter record with a time of 9.58 seconds he does it again today.
200 meters in 19.19 seconds. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Amazing!
RF

Re: Usain Bolt did it again!!

Post by RF »

Hmmm..... So what's he going to do for his hat trick?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Lutscha

Post by Lutscha »

I was in the Olympiastadion when he ran 9.58.

Although I am convinced he uses performance enhancing drugs, as does every top athlete in sports where maximum speed, strength and/or stamina is needed (my opinion) I still think he is so much better than the rest that he could run without drugs and still beat the others using drugs. He is simply much better than the rest due to his size und muscle contraction.

In 5+ years we will see some more sprinters like Bolt (taller ones not the current relatively small guys).

Swimming was funny as well when the records broke and they did no blood tests for over a year before. :D

It was a great show in Berlin btw.
RF

Post by RF »

And he's done it twice more!!!!!

Congrats on winning the Olympic 100 metres and 200 metres gold medals....... again.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Dave Saxton
Supporter

Post by Dave Saxton »

Lutscha wrote:Although I am convinced he uses performance enhancing drugs, as does every top athlete in sports where maximum speed, strength and/or stamina is needed (my opinion) ....

While it certainly occurs, the problems of PEDs is much greater in the lower levels of sport. In the highest levels there is so much scutiny and the modern testing regimes are so sophisticated that its virtually impossible for a superstar athlete to get away with cheating. At least not for very long. They can even detect illegal HGH now. Even in baseball they get busted now. But in minor league sports especially in Latin America the problem is rampant because there's not the scrutiny. Just yesterday Melky Cabrera of the SF Giants got busted for too much testosterone. There can be a lag between when the tests occur and when the results come in, so time will tell.

Much of the amazing performance of modern athletes is because of advances in sports medicine (orthopedics), physical training methods, and nutrition. Because of these advances athletes can perform at the highest levels for longer and to a older age.

I think in the case of Bolt its just God given talent. I was rooting for him to do it again.
Entering a night sea battle is an awesome business.The enveloping darkness, hiding the enemy's.. seems a living thing, malignant and oppressive.Swishing water at the bow and stern mark an inexorable advance toward an unknown destiny.