The Climate Change agenda

Anything else you want to talk about.
Dave Saxton
Supporter

Re: The Climate Change agenda

Post by Dave Saxton »

Be aware that the IPPC has significantly altered the original document.
Entering a night sea battle is an awesome business.The enveloping darkness, hiding the enemy's.. seems a living thing, malignant and oppressive.Swishing water at the bow and stern mark an inexorable advance toward an unknown destiny.
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

Isn't it the nature of a draft to be altered?
Regards

Marc

"Thank God we blow up and sink more easily." (unknown officer from HMS Norfolk)
RF

Post by RF »

Herr Nilsson wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:46 am Isn't it the nature of a draft to be altered?
Yes, but you haven't answered the question I posed about the context of the alterations.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

@RF

Reading both sections of chapter 8 I see no evidence of "manipulation of science". Furthermore the agreed comments weren't replaced by the quoted sentences, but IMHO rather have been summed up by the sentence:
As noted in Section 8.1, attribution involves statistical testing of alternative explanations for a detected observed change, and few would be willing to argue that completely unambiguous attribution of (all or part of) this change has already occurred, or was likely to happen in the next few years.
Regards

Marc

Dave Saxton
Supporter

Post by Dave Saxton »

They altered the document recently as I understand it. It was rewriting history. Those that have copies of the original published document called foul last year when they compared it to the newest online version.
Entering a night sea battle is an awesome business.The enveloping darkness, hiding the enemy's.. seems a living thing, malignant and oppressive.Swishing water at the bow and stern mark an inexorable advance toward an unknown destiny.
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

Ah, OK I see. Is there any more reliable and verifiable source than "those that have copies"?
Regards

Marc

Dave Saxton
Supporter

Post by Dave Saxton »

Marc,

I tried to find a linkable copy of the older versions but no luck. The search engines kept routing to the revised editions. This issue came to my attention when I read that the official document had been removed from the web site last year. Many called foul and it was put back up, but then some pointed out that some new revisions had been made.

This re-posting of Seitz and Singer's WSJ op-ed is germane to the original issue, though.

https://tallbloke.wordpress.com/2015/09 ... ipcc-ar-3/
OpanaPointer

Post by OpanaPointer »

How the argument will end, I'm afraid.

Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

Dave,

Thank you for your efforts. I wonder why there is no comparison between the old and new version. Those who have an old copy could easily confirm manipulation. To pass up that opportunity would be very unusual.
Regards

Marc

RF

Post by RF »

OpanaPointer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:24 pm How the argument will end, I'm afraid.

No.

The 'argument' will not end because it is pursued by vested academic interests and their lobbyists in the IPCC and the EU.

What will happen is that climatic variation will be managed over time by improvements in technology and in food production, necessary to support an ever increasing global population. The imagery in your attachment is amusing but isn't a true representation of how civilisation will continue to improve itself.
OpanaPointer

Post by OpanaPointer »

Sorry, I don't do conspiracy theories.
RF

Post by RF »

OpanaPointer wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:59 pm Sorry, I don't do conspiracy theories.
You don't do conspiracy theories - that is a cliché.

You resort to clichés to avoid any argument against the evidence you don't want to consider. You don't want to consider the evidence because you have no arguments to refute it and your mind is closed to any other viewpoint than your own. I believe that comes within the definition of bigotry does it not?
OpanaPointer

Post by OpanaPointer »

RF wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:54 pm
OpanaPointer wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:59 pm Sorry, I don't do conspiracy theories.
You don't do conspiracy theories - that is a cliché.

You resort to clichés to avoid any argument against the evidence you don't want to consider. You don't want to consider the evidence because you have no arguments to refute it and your mind is closed to any other viewpoint than your own. I believe that comes within the definition of bigotry does it not?
OR I find it pointless to discuss these matters with people whose primary motive is selfishness. Via con diablos.
RF

Post by RF »

Why do you find it pointless? Because you have no argument, no scientific reasoning?

Why resort to Spanish references to working with the devil? What relevance is that?

How do you think you know what my motivation is? Why selfish? You offer no justification for this, again it is a reckless statement made because you cannot answer the arguments that conflict with your narrow viewpoint. Again it is indicative of bigotry.

Are you capable of grasping the fact that I might be motivated by a spirit of scientific enquiry, to try to understand what is really happening and not, as you seem to be, acting as what Lenin would describe as being ''a useful idiot?'

Do you actually have anything constructive to add to this thread?
RF

Post by RF »

School pupils in the UK and across other European countries are being organised into a ''strike'' and walkout of their education today by a group calling itself 'Youth strike 4 climate''. This action is being supported by politicians including government ministers.

Nothing is more politically insidious than the way children can be used and manipulated for political propaganda. It reminds me of the Hitler Youth and their public activism of picketing and stoning of shop windows of Jewish shops in Nazi Germany as part of their conditioning for eventual genocide.

What is particulary noticeable is the ease with which the standard phrases and clichés are parroted - the demand for governments to declare a ''climate emergency'' and for ''climate justice'' without ever defining or explaining the detail of what they want.

If I was a school headteacher I would impose detentions on these school pupils and students and require them to write an essay on the following subject; Explain what anthropogenic global warming is and detail the scientific proof that human beings are responsible for it.
If they are unable to articulate the required scientific proof then they should sit an additional detention to study how in the past children have been used for political indoctrination and activism and the price those children paid for being used and led.
Ultimately these children need to be taught how to use their brains and spot a scam when they see one.