The Climate Change agenda

Anything else you want to talk about.
Dave Saxton
Supporter

Re: The Climate Change agenda

Post by Dave Saxton »

So, who did it? I mean who leaked the emails from EAU and blew up the whole scam?
Entering a night sea battle is an awesome business.The enveloping darkness, hiding the enemy's.. seems a living thing, malignant and oppressive.Swishing water at the bow and stern mark an inexorable advance toward an unknown destiny.
OpanaPointer

Post by OpanaPointer »

Dave Saxton wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:13 pm So, who did it? I mean who leaked the emails from EAU and blew up the whole scam?
Really? Still calling it a scam. You're helping the case that you're touting a conspiracy theory with that. I do appreciate it.
Dave Saxton
Supporter

Post by Dave Saxton »

Who did It? It had to to be somebody familiar with the damning content of the emails. Once again who did it?
Entering a night sea battle is an awesome business.The enveloping darkness, hiding the enemy's.. seems a living thing, malignant and oppressive.Swishing water at the bow and stern mark an inexorable advance toward an unknown destiny.
OpanaPointer

Post by OpanaPointer »

Satan?
Byron Angel

Post by Byron Angel »

OpanaPointer wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:11 pmSatan?

Ask Patrick Moore.

B
OpanaPointer

Post by OpanaPointer »

Drowning men will grasp at straws. Or cherry-pick.
RF

Post by RF »

OpanaPointer wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:40 pm
Anti-AGW is certainly hostile to academic freedom and free speech. Resolute efforts to silence climate science are deplorable.
This is a complete and utter load of twaddle - and encapsulates exactly what the AGW lobbyists want people to believe because there is no coherent basis for AGW.

It is in the interests of academic freedom and free speech that the flawed AGW case is challenged, openly and in free debate. This ''OpanaPointer'' doesn't engage in debate or any rational argument but instead offers only clichés, slogans and denunciations, with no consideration or respect for other posters points of view. This is typical of the ignorance and bigotry offered by these lobbyists precisely because they cannot justify their case by rational or logical argument.

They have nothing constructive to contribute.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
OpanaPointer

Post by OpanaPointer »

I don't debate with conspiracy theorists.
Dave Saxton
Supporter

Post by Dave Saxton »

U of A has been fighting the freedom of information request for 7 years, but the courts ordered these sets of emails released. They became available earlier this month. Much duplication of the earlier climate gate revelations but among new are the extent of the cherry picking practiced by the alarmists. Another was that the Medieval Warm Period was well established, but was deliberately down played or ignored.

Now much of the documents been rendered unreadable on line or has been taken down:

http://climatelitigationwatch.org/wp-co ... mplars.pdf

http://climatelitigationwatch.org/wp-co ... xC3E11.pdf

In case one needs to get up to speed about climate gate this survey may be helpful:

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/image ... alysis.pdf
RF

Post by RF »

Thank you for posting this.

Another aspect to this is that all the higher education institutions in the UK receive their taxpayer funding via the European Union, which is partly why that institution is also promoting the AGW bubble.
paul.mercer

Post by paul.mercer »

Hi RF
I’ve been following this debate with interest and while some of the more complicated arguments are far in advance of my knowledge on the subject of climate change it seems to me that there are far too many small but very noisy groups who are keen to spout their views to anyone who will listen ,but refuse point blank to listen to, let alone acknowledge, any counter arguments and this applies to the climate changers, vegans, human rights, animal rights and heaven knows how many other ‘rights’ activists. The problem being that they all believe that if one shouts loud enough and long enough others will take up their cause (we can see this in some of the Bismarck debates!!).
Frankly I firmly believe that this ‘global warming’ stuff is a natural phenomenon which happens from time to time over the centuries. There may possibly be a link from pollution, but if we think back to the industrial revolution in the UK when everything was powered by and the ensuing dirt and smoke coal and even right up to the time when the ‘Clean Air’ act was passed, but we are still here!
Another point that the climate changers always seem to ignore is that even the so called ‘experts’ cannot agree one says the world is warming up and another will tell us that we are due for an ice age, it’s the same with all these so called experts, the latest, after being told to ‘Go to work on an egg’ are now telling us that more than one egg occasionally and we are sure to die of something!
Like my boiled eggs, I now take everything with a large pinch of salt – I know, that bad for me as well!
RF

Post by RF »

There is of course a useful cliché here - the one about empty vessels making the loudest noise.

Nothing in life is simple and we need genuine scientific enquiry to understand the environment we live in. Rather unlike the one individual who insisted that carbon dioxide would fry the world and then couldn't answer the question ''If CO2 is such a greenhouse gas then why is it so cold on Mars, where the atmosphere is 97% CO2?'
RF

Post by RF »

Further to my last post I have been reminded that the ''climate change'' lobby have been active now for more than 30 years. Various company AGM's that I attend are showing increasing emphasis on zero or neutral carbon policies that the scam promotes and as industry is pushed in to this direction you can see how clever the scam is.

Carbon neutral or carbon zero policies will have no noticeable impact on the climate, it won't for example stop sea level rising or glaciers retreating. Yet when beyond that very little happens the climate change lobby will trumpet the success of their policies when in reality the threatened extreme changes in climate were never going to happen. Commercially these lobbyists are on to a winner - whatever happens to the climate.
Byron Angel

Post by Byron Angel »

"Commercially these lobbyists are on to a winner - whatever happens to the climate."

..... which has been their goal from the very beginning: complete control over the hugely profitable global energy marketplace.
A hundred years from now, the phrase "settled science" will be the punch line in a hundred black jokes.

B