SWAT vs GSG-9

Anything else you want to talk about.
lwd

Re: SWAT vs GSG-9

Post by lwd »

But we're talking about a US armored cavalry unit. From what I can see the ratio of 30 cal to 50 cal in such a unit in WWII could vary between 2:1 and 5:1 most with 3:1 being pretty common.
jhoonday

Post by jhoonday »

lwd wrote:I watched one of the shows (viking vs saumari). I found it interesting but seriously flawed. For instance they had the viking use a technique for throwing two spears at the same time. It might be useful if what you are trying to do is put a spear in an opponents shield but you loose both power and accuarcy doing so. Then there was the section where they were touting the offensive capabilities of the shield but completely neglected it's defencive uses!!!
Both warriors were the absolute apex of their craft, the best at shedding blood in their time and place. The Samurai fights for honor in a way we cannot even begin to imagine from our place of comfort in the modern world.
lwd

Post by lwd »

jhoonday wrote:
lwd wrote:I watched one of the shows (viking vs saumari). I found it interesting but seriously flawed. ...
Both warriors were the absolute apex of their craft, the best at shedding blood in their time and place.
Were they? What makes you think so?
The Samurai fights for honor in a way we cannot even begin to imagine from our place of comfort in the modern world.
That's one opinion and in particular instances may be correct or not.
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

jhoonday wrote:Both warriors were the absolute apex of their craft, the best at shedding blood in their time and place. The Samurai fights for honor in a way we cannot even begin to imagine from our place of comfort in the modern world.
If "we" can't imagine it, I presume that means you as well. If you are incapable of imagining it, how can you make that statement? Your inability to imagine it makes your statement's conclusion unknowable.