Herman Cain for US President?

Anything else you want to talk about.
RF

Herman Cain for US President?

Post by RF »

I see on the grapevine that Herman Cain is now appearing to be the Republican Party front runner, after winning a straw poll in Florida. Will we see an all black US Presidential election next year?

More importantly is Cain worth voting for?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
frontkampfer

Re: Herman Cain for US President?

Post by frontkampfer »

Don't know too much about him other than he is a successful business man and the business sector will react favorably. That's more than can be said about the community organizer we have now. I do know this! If obama gets re-elected this nation is doomed to thirld world status and all will witness to the modern equivilent if the Fall of the Roman Emipre.
"I will not have my ship shot out from under my ass!"
Dave Saxton
Supporter

Post by Dave Saxton »

I've been more and more impressed with Cain the more I learn about him. At this point I can find no reason why not, and he's light years better than what we now have. If he get's somebody as a running mate or somebody on his team with serious foreign policy and defense credentials then I'd be quite happy with Cain.

His flat tax proposals drive leftists crazy because it removes the tax code from being used for political reasons and is the reverse of marxist policy, but its exactly the kind of bold fresh thinking we need.
Entering a night sea battle is an awesome business.The enveloping darkness, hiding the enemy's.. seems a living thing, malignant and oppressive.Swishing water at the bow and stern mark an inexorable advance toward an unknown destiny.
RF

Post by RF »

Given the way the Republican Party nomination race is going I think it is very unfortunate that Cain is no longer running.

It seems that the choice is either Romney or Gingrich - the two candidates in Republican ranks I find the most repulsive. If millions of US voters think as me, all that will do is ensure that Obama is re-elected. Probably by a landslide.
Dave Saxton
Supporter

Post by Dave Saxton »

The Democrats had to destroy Cain. He could have destroyed the Demorcratic Party; as a minority that was also a strong conservative, who was also smarter, and more competant, and more experienced, and more likeable, than Obama. The Demorcatic voting block is mainly a coalition of special interest groups relying on several traditional voting blocks of which blacks are most important to this status quo. The allegations were never proved but the truthfulness of them wasn't what mattered to the Demoracts and there surrogates-it was a matter of life or death to them.

Americans that don't like Romney or Newt had better plug their noses and vote for one of them come Nov because we can't double down on the Obama Disaster. As a lame duck there will be no stopping him. This could be the last election if he wins. Unfortunutely, Santorum is loosing ground. He looks too young I think. I'm puzzled by Newt being protrayed as more conservative than Romney. Really? I find him just as moderate if not more. One thing about Romney is that independents like him-more than they do Obama. Women generally don't like Newt.
Entering a night sea battle is an awesome business.The enveloping darkness, hiding the enemy's.. seems a living thing, malignant and oppressive.Swishing water at the bow and stern mark an inexorable advance toward an unknown destiny.
RF

Post by RF »

Americans who don't like Romney or Gingrich won't vote for them. A Republican Party that puts up candidates like these simply isn't worth voting for.
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

I don't care for any of the candidates but I'll support Romney. IMO he as the best chance to beat barry and that is what matters. Not voting is like voting for barry. If someone doesn't vote for whatever reason they have no right to bitch afterwards.
RF

Post by RF »

Not voting is not because of apathy in this case, it is because ALL candidates are unacceptable, and yes I certainly would protest about it. I most certainly do not vote for people I do not want, because to do so gives them a false measure of their true popularity.
Obviously there will be a winning candidate. But not through my vote. And as a Britisher I don't get a vote anyway.
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

And as a Britisher I don't get a vote anyway.
RF

In the US not being a citizen but voting happens all the time. The democrats have perfected it, so if there's a will they'll find the way (so long as you vote their way)!
RF

Post by RF »

Even so I don't think that Obama will be getting my vote.

When you say ''vote their way'' would they know who you actually voted for - if the pledge is for Democrat, could they tell if you voted Republican?
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

RF,

There have been many reports in many, many states of vans of people being driven from polling place to polling place and voting several times. Many states (including my state New Jersey) do not ask you to identify yourself when you arrive to vote. When some states try to implement voter ID laws where you must present picture ID they are accused of being racists. Finally, the new fraud tactic is to send in vote-by-mail and absentee ballots. One person, who did not request an absentee ballot was denied from voting because someone "voted" for them absentee.

Its not being pledged to vote a certain way as much as a systematic stuffing of ballot boxes. It is really getting very bad!
RF

Post by RF »

Stuffing of ballot boxes with bogus votes - thats what Mugabe and his ZANU-PF thugs did in Zimbabwe!!!

Surely the US can do better than that!
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

Stuffing of ballot boxes with bogus votes - thats what Mugabe and his ZANU-PF thugs did in Zimbabwe!!!

Surely the US can do better than that!
RF,

This kind of mind set goes on all the time. The selective enforcement of laws, such as border security and police asking & checking the immigration status of suspects in a criminal cases, welfare and unemployment insurance fraud, Medicaide fraud, public union sweetheart contracts, the list is almost endless. The democrat party has made it its main goal of promising all these "constituents" everything in exchange for their votes. As good "constituents" they will do whatever it takes to make sure the "right party" (no pun intended) wins. That includes fraud. "The ends justify the means"!

It has been said in the last several presidential elections that each one has the fate of the Republic hanging in the balance. The current occupant in the White House is a radical ideologue who is willing to double down on his failed policies and has the minions at his disposal to see he wins. The time between now and November, and all that transpires, will shape its outcome and determine what kind of nation we are or will become. I pray to God that we step back from the brink, that he is defeated so we don't become Greece as we most surely will if he is reelected!
Dave Saxton
Supporter

Post by Dave Saxton »

Following the blatant fraud perpetrated by leftist organizations like ACORN in 2008 elections, there was much more scrutiny of the practices of such in the 2010 election. Look at the result. I have heard it described that 2010 was the first post ACORN election. Such corrupting influences like ACORN must be stamped out, not just driven back underground if we are to return to free and honost elections, however.
RF

Post by RF »

So the Republican ticket is Romney/Ryan. So far there seems little enthusiasm for this candidacy, Obama seems to be narrowly in front.