Started School today.

Anything else you want to talk about.
steffen19k

Started School today.

Post by steffen19k »

Prototype and Design, or Industrial Model Building, depending on how you want to put it.

Gonna be playing with lots of toys, ranging from CAD to CAM and CNC machines. Its too bad they don't have a CMM that I'm aware of.

Oh well. Tomorrow, I start learning Solidworks.

I'll try to keep the updates coming.

Don't be afraid to suggest a subject you'd like to see modeled, but make sure you have some accurate information for me to work off of.
Here is everything I know about war: Someone wins, Someone loses, and nothing is ever the same again. Here is everything I know about life: The only certainties are death and taxes.
The enemy of freedom are those who proclaim only they can uphold it.
Dave Saxton
Supporter

Re: Started School today.

Post by Dave Saxton »

Sounds fun. Good luck. Keep us updated on the Buick and don't be afraid to continue to express your thoughts on the Bismarck and related matters as well.
Entering a night sea battle is an awesome business.The enveloping darkness, hiding the enemy's.. seems a living thing, malignant and oppressive.Swishing water at the bow and stern mark an inexorable advance toward an unknown destiny.
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

If they offer you a chance to use MicroStation, take it! Its infinitely more user friendly than AutoCAD and its 3D ability is superb. According to my son, who is in the Navy, MircoStation is the CAD program they use for all their drawings. Just a little personal bias on my part.

Good Luck!
"I will not have my ship shot out from under my ass!"
steffen19k

Post by steffen19k »

So far, I'm dealing with the Old fashioned style of blueprinting...on paper...

Once I get into CAD, send me your Instant Messenger Accounts. I have an interesting combat vehicle concept I'm tinkering with, and once I get this thing drawn up in CAD, I'll be more than happy to share it... anyways... got to get ready for school in the morning.
Here is everything I know about war: Someone wins, Someone loses, and nothing is ever the same again. Here is everything I know about life: The only certainties are death and taxes.
The enemy of freedom are those who proclaim only they can uphold it.