I have a Press Photograph of Survivors that perhaps you would like to load on the site

Relevant news about the site.
johnny5bellies

I have a Press Photograph of Survivors that perhaps you would like to load on the site

Post by johnny5bellies »

I recently purchased a collection of photographs and it included one of several Bismarck survivors landing on British soil from a ship.

How do I load it to the site or who do I send an electronic copy so it can be loaded? I have tried as an attachment and the file is too large
Kev D

Re: I have a Press Photograph of Survivors that perhaps you would like to load on the site

Post by Kev D »

Without stating the obvious, you need to reduce the file size. Most forums have a limit on the size of the file (photo) that can be uploaded. Yours must be too big. :negative:

And to do that reducing you will need a photo editing program, or if you don't have, then as you say, send it to a moderator to do that for you.

Hope that helps.
We are off to look for trouble. I expect we shall find it.” Capt. Tennant. HMS Repulse. Dec. 8 1941
A review of the situation at about 1100 was not encouraging.” Capt. Gordon, HMS Exeter. 1 March 1942
OpanaPointer

Re: I have a Press Photograph of Survivors that perhaps you would like to load on the site

Post by OpanaPointer »

Use a picture server, like imgur.com to ... refine ... the pictures. It's free.
Mostlyharmless

Post by Mostlyharmless »

Imgur is trying to put itself out of business https://tech.slashdot.org/story/23/04/2 ... e-internet

Edit: Sorry misread 2022 as 2023 in previous post!