How can we improve the website and forum?

Relevant news about the site.
RF

Post by RF »

Ramius,

You can alter your own settings manually.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Ramius

Post by Ramius »

Yes I know that, but it would be helpful to have it come up like that automatically than having to reset it everytime you are looking for someone on the list :wink:
Ramius

Post by Ramius »

:stubborn: I hate to be pushy, but I think a chatroom would be really nice for this site. This forum is unique because of it has a diverse and intellectual group of gentlemen from all corners of the globe (I have seen atleast one person from every continent). We would be able to learn from each other of not only our passion that is the reason we joined this very forum, but also of each other and our different cultures, in a more efficient and formal way than posting it.

Best Regards, Marko Ramius
RF

Post by RF »

Give Jose Rico a pm, see what he thinks.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

Ramius wrote:I think a chatroom would be really nice for this site.
I may consider it in the future but not for the time being. In many cases chatrooms tend to be used for anything except for the subject they are supposed to be used for (Unless there is a 24-hour a day moderator). Besides, I am busy with other things right now.
RNfanDan
Supporter

Re: How can we improve the website and forum?

Post by RNfanDan »

Ramius wrote::think: How about the member list automatically set to Total Posts (descending). This is because only 1/6 of the people are at the rank of "Member" and have 20 posts, making them almost regular contributors. This edit would make it easier to find fellow members' profiles and PM's easier, instead of going through 12 pages of wanabies that sign on and never look at it again :lol:
The new alphabetical choice eliminates much of that problem (going through twelve pages of wannabes).

Quite apart from that, I appreciate the new forum software--it's in use at other sites, too which makes it easier for habitual offenders like me to get around!

;-)
Tiornu
Supporter

Re:

Post by Tiornu »

Please, no chatroom.
Ramius

Post by Ramius »

Why not? People are not obliged to be part of that section of the forum if they don't want to. And for the others, they will get to know each other better.
Tiornu
Supporter

Post by Tiornu »

You don't need a chatroom to get better acquainted, but a chatroom has a good chance to lower the level of interaction. You can always talk via IM.
dunmunro

Post by dunmunro »

One thing that would be very helpful, would be the ability to make multiple edits. For example, I noticed a mistake in my last post after my first edit, but I cannot edit it now, even though no one has posted to that thread yet.
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

dunmunro wrote:One thing that would be very helpful, would be the ability to make multiple edits. For example, I noticed a mistake in my last post after my first edit, but I cannot edit it now, even though no one has posted to that thread yet.
Settings have changed in the new forum. Now users can only edit their posts inside 20 minutes after they submit them.

I corrected your other post myself.
Karl Heidenreich

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

Hi,

I believe more polls would be nice. Let´s do them not only about Bismarck but from Naval affairs, WWII affairs or Hypothetical Scenarios. That wopuld be nice...

Just an idea...

Best regards
chcrawfish

Post by chcrawfish »

I'm new here, but I'd suggest the ability to upload an avatar from our own computers instead of just from the gallery provided. I'd like to use the one that I have at allmilitary.com
Legend

Post by Legend »

I agree, and also allow us to upload photos from our computers to posts also. Then we don't have to upload it to one of those photo sites first...

Crawfish, nice idea!
RF

Post by RF »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:Hi,

I believe more polls would be nice. Let´s do them not only about Bismarck but from Naval affairs, WWII affairs or Hypothetical Scenarios. That wopuld be nice...

Just an idea...

Best regards
Any specific polls currently in mind?