the benefits of the wave penetrating trimaran .

Warship design and construction, terminology, navigation, hydrodynamics, stability, armor schemes, damage control, etc.
als_pug

the benefits of the wave penetrating trimaran .

Post by als_pug »

rst i would like to say i have started this thread to find out the truth of the matter . i have no training or basis to know which is going to be the better hull form . also is the a max displacement where the hull form becomes structually unsafe or overweight . obviously i am interested from a military position .

from what i have learnt through research and reading my fav mag ." Australian navy league " it apears that the AUSTAL design could make a very good and naturally stealth basis for several concepts .

the large deck area aft ( created by the hull form ) lends itself to helicopter and ucav operations .

i read the hull had lower radiated noise for given speeds . so better for asw . this one i am really unsure of .

I have looked at the LCS program and it seems kind of like an armed transport more then a warship . correct me if i'm wrong .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Independence_(LCS-2)

looking forward to some decent info thanks .

edit : i wrote catamarran rather then trimarran lol
RF

Re: the benefits of the wave penetrating trimaran .

Post by RF »

Looking at the link you have provided it does seem clear that this vessel is intended as a troop transport with support logistics.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.