Battlecruiser wrote:NO Tomahawk missiles, NO Harpoon SSMS; JUST Guns and Torpedos
HMS Hood's Pros & Cons are:
* Deck vitals protected by 0.75 to 3 inch ( 19-76 mm) armor
* 15-inch guns can be fired at 2 rounds per minute
* Has a slightly farther firing range than the Burke's
Arleigh Burke-class Pros & Cons are:
* Double-spaced steel armor designed to act as a buffer off rockets & kevlar spall liners (A warship's armor belt in otherwords)
* Has Stealth-like abilities when it comes to maneuvering
* Firing range is 4,440 nautical miles versus Hood's 5,332 nm's
* Torpedos carrying warheads that contain from 96. 8 to 100 pounds (44 kg - 45 kg) of ammunition
In which kind of scenarios would be in Hood's favor? What kind in the Burke's favor?
RF wrote:My initial reaction is to agree with Karl; this does to me look like a total mis-match.
neil hilton wrote:Arleigh Burkes real threat would be the lightweight mk 46 homing torpedoes but she would have to get within 5nm to use them.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest