Japanese victory at Midway

Historical what if discussions, hypothetical operations, battleship vs. battleship engagements, design your own warship, etc.
paul.mercer

Japanese victory at Midway

Post by paul.mercer »

Gentlemen,
I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed before,The US victory at Midway has been described as the turning point in the Pacific war, but I wonder what the outcome would have been if the Japanese had won. For instance, would they have only dominated that part of the world until America had licked its wounds and built an even larger naval force or would Japan have considered invading the US or even joined up with Germany to defeat the allies, or had Japan gone as far as it could with its available resources?
José M. Rico
Administrator

Re: Japanese victory at Midway

Post by José M. Rico »

Check the link below:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1811
RF

Re: Japanese victory at Midway

Post by RF »

This topic has been discussed on threads in many forms, and the overall conclusion, which I agree with, is that there was no way that Japan could have defeated the USA by conventional means.

My view is that the only way that Japan could be on the winning side is by the Germans winning WW2 by developing both the atomic bomb and the A10 missile with which to deliver it to the United States prior to any US atomic weapon being available.

Japanese victory at Midway would not have substantially altered the course of the Pacific War. I believe it would sill have ended with the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombs in August 1945.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.