Brazil buys 50 helicopters, 5 submarines from France

The warships of today's navies, current naval events, ships in the news, etc.
Bgile

Re: Brazil buys 50 helicopters, 5 submarines from France

Post by Bgile »

lwd wrote:Yes. Why would you think otherwise?
I think you can probably figure that one out unless you are much more sheltered than I think you are.
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:Bgile:
You left out DeGrasse. Every US citizen owes a debt of gratitude to the French.

But, it seems ever since you have been kicking us in the teeth!
You forgot that they helped not for any special love for American colonies but just to give the English a "hard time" when the fight in the Continent was rough for them. There were other europeans fighting in favour and agaisnt the colonies. I do recall that a prussian was the guy that help form up the Continental Army at Valley Forge or something like that.
von Steuben.
Karl Heidenreich

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

The Headless Horseman was a hessian...
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

Bill wrote: 3- what made me laught is evens it was serious record (not by CIA of course) about the total absence of ADM, Bush still go there !! :dance:
I will not beleave that France and Germany haven't very serious reason to try to stop US, and veto in United Nation
And I will not beleave that the UN will not support US attack if is really some rocket in Irak, evens V2 type !
The veto was seen as blatant commercial interest because you were selling arms to Hussein at huge profits and that would go away if he was deposed.

The reason for the war was of course a complete fabrication, but most if us weren't aware of that at the time. And there were people in the CIA who questioned the WMD thing but they were ignored.
lwd

Post by lwd »

Bgile wrote:
lwd wrote:Yes. Why would you think otherwise?
I think you can probably figure that one out unless you are much more sheltered than I think you are.
I want to see him state it he might or might not have the objections that I think he has. No point in me setting up stawmen to demolish.
Karl Heidenreich

I didn´t like Bush at all. Didn´t like how he did things. But not because he acted harsh or unilateral, which is out of the point.

The USA was attacked.

The USA´s record for the muslims before 9/11 was quite a good one. Let´s remember Serbia, Kosovo, Albania. The muslims were being kicked pretty bad and France was doing NOTHING to help them, even it´s diplomacy speech was that of doing something. Europe waited until the USA came in to do something, and it was always small in comparison with that the USA did.

And still the USA was attacked. Who sided with them? More or less the same group of countries that fought alongside them in WWII. The rest did nothing but to criticize, as always.

The US is still in a debacle in Iraq and Afganistan over this issue. What are the rest doing? Just waiting to see what the US will do for taking the following one of the following options:

1. If the US wins they will run to the podium and say they are victors as well (De Gaulle style)
2. If the US fails then they will criticize and burn US flags in their respective central parks (De Gaulle style)

I want to puke on that, really.
Sir Winston Churchill
ostriker

Post by ostriker »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:...
The US is still in a debacle in Iraq and Afganistan over this issue. What are the rest doing? Just waiting to see what the US will do for taking the following one of the following options:

1. If the US wins they will run to the podium and say they are victors as well (De Gaulle style)
2. If the US fails then they will criticize and burn US flags in their respective central parks (De Gaulle style)

I want to puke on that, really.
Pathetic...

Before speaking about things you seems to know nothing about, I humbly suggest you, again, to go in and to speak with citizens of "the rest". These countries have not the ability, the capacity, to support such kind of military operations. On top of that, on the "rest", for example in France, people mostly understand that war in Afghanistan is not useless, for obvious reasons (not economic, as that US and Pro US english media says about).
Should I remind you that in 2001 France and Germany offered their help but were nicely nonsuited by a US general because "USA don't need them, or will do the kitchen and France and Germany to clean the dinnerware". Today France and Germany have soldiers in Afghanistan to help the slow and unfortunately uncertain reconstruction of the country. It is not because they didn't send thousand of carriers and tanks and many other stuff that they not support this war.
Regarding Irak, it is another problem. US and Europeans countries are not clean in this story, but the collapse of Irak let now Iran alone and able to do what they want in the area.

Talking about De Gaulle, of course he was not a perfect man, but what about yours gods Roosevelt and Churchill? This way of automatically shoot on him is disgusting and give me the impression that in his time he was the only political man to make mistakes.

This forum is a golden mine of historic informations, data, exchange, and may other stuff, but I must admit Karl, that YOUR behaviors, attitudes, intolerance, often unjustified, gives me sometimes the feeling like to vomit, and to offer you a air ticket to Europe in order to speak (not to say discover) these (also) citizens of the world.

Regards and RESPECT
Eric
Karl Heidenreich

Ostriker;

I´m not the one that knows nothing of what I´m talking about. It´s typical attempt to say: "Oh, no, that´s not what happened. We fought since the very beggining..."

Give me break!
Sir Winston Churchill
ostriker

Post by ostriker »

Probably the "De Gaulle effect". Excuse me to be french, finally may be you are right with us...

Bye
Karl Heidenreich

Probably the "De Gaulle effect". Excuse me to be french, finally may be you are right with us...

Bye
But of course it is, good you noticed...
Sir Winston Churchill