Brazil buys 50 helicopters, 5 submarines from France

The warships of today's navies, current naval events, ships in the news, etc.
Karl Heidenreich

Re: Brazil buys 50 helicopters, 5 submarines from France

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

The Scotts and Irish are British. Indeed genetically they are more British than the English.
And they all fought together to kick Napoleon´s butt. The Imperial Guard will ever remember the sound of bagpipes...
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
Bill

Post by Bill »

Yes, for sure
As before the Scottish and Irish fight along the French King against England !

Same, the Scottish guard never forgot the Marseillaise… Or them only coming for the last battle and did nothing during all the years where Napoleon was Emperor ?? is not in them’s customs isn’t

And if the Scottish and Irish are “genetically” closer to English (british ethnic came from everywhere !!!), is mostly because british landlord bad manner to force local wife! if you want a short explanation, you can lwatch “bravehearth” again.
Never forgot the last call “Liberty !!!”

About Napoleon, after 1814, he because sadely slightly foolish, as all genius was in history.

Do you know M Erckmann-Chatriand ? Famous French-german writers, but well establish and know in Schwarzwald and Elsass. These regions are on the border between France and Germany. Erckman Chatriand wrote several book about theses place and these period, 1790~1850
Well, the books trace with local stories and feeling the French revolution and Napoleon’s times.
Of course, on the border, he see the differents armies, French, german, Russian, Austrian… go to on side or the others, depend at the moment. Erckmann Chatriand where deeply Republican, and deeply against Napoleon. Is evens because that he must stay in Germany and not in France !
Well
When he describe the French revolutionary army came in Germany, lead by Hoche, after quick ass of the germano-austrian coalition in Valmy. He describes the feeling of the Germans cities stay on the border, and on the way to Dresden.
in 1799, Many citizen just hope the French coming !
Is evens a Kaiserlick germans soldier veteran, explain to the cities mayor, who ask to resist, he’s idea.
He was soldier for the Prussian and Bavarian Prince for over 25 years, he fought bravely for he’s country and he’s landlord and get he’s own blood spread.
He get medals and honor and nobody’s can, say anything about he’s loyalty
But after 25 years in army, he just become sergeant, and have a low retire just enough for surviving. He was never able to get better grade, because he’s not nobble, and he’s family have not much monnay
Now, he see the French revolutionary Army, where all soldier or officer come from people, not from nobles. Evens the Marechal Hoche, came from country side and poor family, but who will say he’s not brave !
The French make down the King and set up a republic, Liberty, Egality, whatever happen’s lather.
And beleave it or not, but lot of german’s welcome the revolutionnar, and hope to be free of them’s nobles.
But Napoleon f**k up, he set new prince, count or others assholes. Not a republic
Maybe Europe wasn’t ready for a republic on these times, and anyway Napoleon is Napoleon, not Washington.
Sade isn’t, it will be far better if after Napoleon kick some nobles ass, he made peace and set up a republic in France, and let the germans and Italian people decide by themselves what to do. Well, he certainly think he was in ascension, then, why stop.

By the way, I cannot found record where Washington and Benjamin Franklin or John Paul Johnes complain against Lafayette, Rochambeau or French soldiers, could you help me ??
- Well sir, please agree with me that you other, French, you fight for monnay, whenn us, british, fight for the honnor !
- Of course sir, but you know, everybody fight for what he's leack !
Robert Surcouf, French Corsair, 1773-1827

Robert Surcouf,
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

Bill wrote:By the way, I cannot found record where Washington and Benjamin Franklin or John Paul Johnes complain against Lafayette, Rochambeau or French soldiers, could you help me ??
You left out DeGrasse. Every US citizen owes a debt of gratitude to the French.

But, it seems ever since you have been kicking us in the teeth!
RF

Post by RF »

lwd wrote:
Bill wrote:...
And if is not enought, you can still ask a scottish or a Irish what he think about ...
The Scotts and Irish are British. Indeed genetically they are more British than the English.
Does this mean the Sioux are more American than the Americans?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
RF

Post by RF »

Bgile wrote:
That wasn't quite the view of President George W Bush......
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

RF wrote:
lwd wrote:
Bill wrote:...
And if is not enought, you can still ask a scottish or a Irish what he think about ...
Does this mean the Sioux are more American than the Americans?
Yes, of course. The Sioux are indigenous people.
Karl Heidenreich

Is the border between Germany and France where the Maginot Line is? Or are we talking about the Ardennes where Guderian pass through?
Sir Winston Churchill
Karl Heidenreich

Bgile:

But, it seems ever since you have been kicking us in the teeth!
You forgot that they helped not for any special love for American colonies but just to give the English a "hard time" when the fight in the Continent was rough for them. There were other europeans fighting in favour and agaisnt the colonies. I do recall that a prussian was the guy that help form up the Continental Army at Valley Forge or something like that.
Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:Is the border between Germany and France where the Maginot Line is? Or are we talking about the Ardennes where Guderian pass through?
The Maginot Line ran from the end of France's border with Luxembourg, hugging France's land border (Lorraine) with Germany until the River Rhine is reached. From that point moving up stream the Rhine is the boundary between France and Germany, the Maginot Line ran along the French (Alsace) side of the river to the Swiss border. The line ended at the border.

Guderian and the Panzers going through Belguim and Luxembourg didn't touch the Maginot Line, they were north of the north end of it.
RF

Post by RF »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:
You forgot that they helped not for any special love for American colonies but just to give the English a "hard time" when the fight in the Continent was rough for them. There were other europeans fighting in favour and agaisnt the colonies. I do recall that a prussian was the guy that help form up the Continental Army at Valley Forge or something like that.
The series on the life of John Adams showed when he was President he had to order American merchant ships in the Atlantic and Med to be armed because of attacks on them by the French. Indeed some of Adams advisors wanted Adams to declare war on France, using Britain as allies of the Americans, but Adam's refused to get involved in the war against Napoleon Bonaparte.
Bill

Post by Bill »

RF wrote:
Bgile wrote:
That wasn't quite the view of President George W Bush......
for US, you can consider the debt is paid since long time :stop: :ok:

for British idea about the irish and scottish...
I don't remember a Cromwell street when I walked in Dublin :think:
then, I understand the local main political parti is named "Sinn Fein" means "us alone" in gaelik
I remember an Irish collegues in Cambrige was work on he's free times to modify AK47 for IRA
I heard about 2 Irish legionnaires was involve in IRA's activities before flew from the glorious United Kingtom for engage in Legion
but certainly every Irish fellow leave them's homeland was because them have enought potatoes to eat and because them love england :whistle:
I understand that evens today one of the main friendly salutation in Scottland is for "freedom" and "independance"

anyway, them are only british when england need them, same for the Gurkha, for Canadian or Indian :think:

about the President George W Bush... you talk about the idiot was not elected but president anyway, who describe Al Gore as crazy when he talk about Global Warming, and Invade Irak because there it was enought Massive destruction weapons for destroy the world 10 times or more ???? :lol:

then I see "But, it seems ever since you have been kicking us in the teeth!"
I don't know where and why, but it may certainly happen :oops:
I think the last time is when France refuse to follow you for Liberate Irak and search the local ADM, and when France Vetoed twice n United nation your attack. You take it very badly in that time
But finaly, I think we can say, at least for once, France was right isn't :whistle:

how talk again about the Maginot line ???
i get the Shoenembourg, Esch, and Four a Chaux bunker site at less than 20km from my hometown.
This line was never crossed by any germans during hostilities, and evens Switzerland copy the concept and build a Swiss line... but not like France, them buil all around the country, without any gap :negative:
- Well sir, please agree with me that you other, French, you fight for monnay, whenn us, british, fight for the honnor !

Robert Surcouf,
lwd

Post by lwd »

Bill wrote:...And if the Scottish and Irish are “genetically” closer to English (british ethnic came from everywhere !!!), is mostly because british landlord bad manner to force local wife! if you want a short explanation, you can lwatch “bravehearth” again.
Never forgot the last call “Liberty !!!”...
You appear to have a very warped idea of history. Braveheart was a piece of fiction based very loosily on historical characters. As for the Scotts and Irish being closer to the English and the Britsh coming from everywhere you are way off. The "British" were the originally the Celtic inhabitants of the British Isles of which the Irish are one component with the Scotts being a component of the Irish. The "English" on the other hand were Germanic acutally a blend of Angles, Saxons, Jutes, and others.
lwd

Post by lwd »

Bill wrote: ...about the President George W Bush... you talk about the idiot was not elected but president anyway,
Bush may not have been the smartest man to ever be president of the US but he was a long way from being an idiot. And he was elected. Denying facts doesn't make your postion any stronger or do your reputation any good.
who describe Al Gore as crazy when he talk about Global Warming,
Source PLS. I suspect that's out of context at best.
and Invade Irak because there it was enought Massive destruction weapons for destroy the world 10 times or more ???? :lol:
You make something up and then laugh at it? That's typically called a strawman by the way. In this case it's so blatent that I doubt anyone here has any trouble seeing through it.
Bill

Post by Bill »

About Ireland and scotland, the history is one thing, the mythe one other

the memory is base and feeling, not only on real fact

when you go to Ireland, try to found a Cromwell street and ask the Irish how deep them feel and be happy to be in UK

about the others questions..

1- Bush may be elected but was he's election a real example of democratie ??
I was in Africa on this moment, the local guys never stop laughtly untill now

2- Source ??
you can watch the movies made by All gore himself about Global Warming, that stay inside

3- what made me laught is evens it was serious record (not by CIA of course) about the total absence of ADM, Bush still go there !! :dance:
I will not beleave that France and Germany haven't very serious reason to try to stop US, and veto in United Nation
And I will not beleave that the UN will not support US attack if is really some rocket in Irak, evens V2 type !

Robert Surcouf,
lwd

Post by lwd »

Bill wrote:...ask the Irish how deep them feel and be happy to be in UK
Last (and only) time I was in Ireland they weren't part of the UK. At that point some speculated that they made a mistake in leaveing.
1- Bush may be elected but was he's election a real example of democratie ??
Yes. Why would you think otherwise?
2- Source ??
you can watch the movies made by All gore himself about Global Warming, that stay inside
Al Gore's movie is hardly a source of fact from everything I've read about it.
3- what made me laught is evens it was serious record (not by CIA of course) about the total absence of ADM, Bush still go there !!
???? I'm not at all sure what you are saying here.
I will not beleave that France and Germany haven't very serious reason to try to stop US, and veto in United Nation
And I will not beleave that the UN will not support US attack if is really some rocket in Irak, evens V2 type !
What are you talking about?