Russia to Buy French Helicopter Carrier

The warships of today's navies, current naval events, ships in the news, etc.
Kyler

Russia to Buy French Helicopter Carrier

Post by Kyler »

So what peoples opinion of the Russian Navy coming forward and starting negotiations with the French government for a Mistral Class Helicopter Carrier since Russia now admits it lacks the knowledge and capability to produce some types of the naval vessels it currently requires?
"It was a perfect attack, Right Height, Right Range, Right cloud cover, Right speed,
Wrong f@%king ship!" Commander Stewart-Moore (HMS Ark Royal)
Bgile

Re: Russia to Buy French Helicopter Carrier

Post by Bgile »

Their decision pretty much speaks for itself, although I'm not sure why they want one.
Karl Heidenreich

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

It´s a big mistake. Last I know some big CVN of the French had a propeller problem and they weren´t able to repair it, as expected, so they had to order a propeller to the US. I will like to see the ruskies ordering a propeller to General Dynamics because the frogs cannot supply one. :kaput:

Loosers!
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
Karl Heidenreich

I will really hope the French sell to the ruskies their idea of stationary defense system (Maginot). Maybe the western powers sometine need them to act like the frogs.
Sir Winston Churchill
Kyler

Post by Kyler »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:I will really hope the French sell to the ruskies their idea of stationary defense system (Maginot). Maybe the western powers sometine need them to act like the frogs.
It is more likely that every available space that isn't being utilized for helicopter and landing operations will have some kind of SAM, SSM, or gun battery. I don't know whats with the Soviet/Russian preoccupation that you need to arm a ship so much. I think they maybe compensating for something and it ain't their lack of shipbuilding knowledge.
"It was a perfect attack, Right Height, Right Range, Right cloud cover, Right speed,
Wrong f@%king ship!" Commander Stewart-Moore (HMS Ark Royal)
ostriker

Post by ostriker »

Hey Karl, don't worry; it is not sure at all that the Russians are going to order anything to the "Frogs". You can sleep well. :wink:
Kyler wrote:
Karl Heidenreich wrote:I will really hope the French sell to the ruskies their idea of stationary defense system (Maginot). Maybe the western powers sometine need them to act like the frogs.
It is more likely that every available space that isn't being utilized for helicopter and landing operations will have some kind of SAM, SSM, or gun battery. I don't know whats with the Soviet/Russian preoccupation that you need to arm a ship so much. I think they maybe compensating for something and it ain't their lack of shipbuilding knowledge.
Reading your words gives me the feeling that you believe that only France had some technlogical/political problems in her history. But I do prefer to think that I am wrong.

Eric
Bill

Post by Bill »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:It´s a big mistake. Last I know some big CVN of the French had a propeller problem and they weren´t able to repair it, as expected, so they had to order a propeller to the US. I will like to see the ruskies ordering a propeller to General Dynamics because the frogs cannot supply one. :kaput:

Loosers!
Hi Karl

i'm newbie here and specialy come because I feel interesting to talk about navy topics otherwise than in french. :lol:

you are pretty rough about the propeller, but I agreer that is was a try from France to made such propeller, but not successfull . anyway, I just believe that on the same times of the catapult it will be better than the french bought the propeller.
theses 2 screw aren't important like that, the need is only 2, every 30 years we build a carrier !
:lol:
better to focus at the important part of economy, like Nuclear for exemple, not like these dumbass from US, who's focus on the carrier propeller, but let the south Korean doing the nuclear reactor for Westinghouse :stubborn:

Anyway, for back on the Mistral class, the ship propulsion is totally different, and I believe it will be no problems.
why ?? to simple, is the same pods at them allready install on every US or British liner made in France like the Queen Elizabeth 2

you figure that the british aren't anymore abble to do by themself a liner :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and now them start made the british sample of Kutznetsov or Variag class :think: : ... :whistle: :
- Well sir, please agree with me that you other, French, you fight for monnay, whenn us, british, fight for the honnor !
- Of course sir, but you know, everybody fight for what he's leack !
Robert Surcouf, French Corsair, 1773-1827

Robert Surcouf,
USS ALASKA

Post by USS ALASKA »

Arizona Daily Star (Tucson)
September 20, 2009

Russia

Deal For Military Ship In Works With France

MOSCOW — Russia has been negotiating the possible purchase of a military ship built in France, a Russian deputy defense minister said Saturday.

Vladimir Popovkin said it's too early to say whether an agreement for buying a Mistral-class helicopter carrier can be reached, but he said it could mark an important step in modernizing the Russian navy. If a deal is made, it would be the first foreign ship Russia's navy has bought in decades, and the first-ever from a NATO nation.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Bill wrote:
Karl Heidenreich wrote:It´s a big mistake. Last I know some big CVN of the French had a propeller problem and they weren´t able to repair it, as expected, so they had to order a propeller to the US. I will like to see the ruskies ordering a propeller to General Dynamics because the frogs cannot supply one.

Loosers!
Hi Karl

i'm newbie here and specialy come because I feel interesting to talk about navy topics otherwise than in french. :lol:

you are pretty rough about the propeller, but I agreer that is was a try from France to made such propeller, but not successfull . anyway, I just believe that on the same times of the catapult it will be better than the french bought the propeller.
theses 2 screw aren't important like that, the need is only 2, every 30 years we build a carrier !
:lol:
better to focus at the important part of economy, like Nuclear for exemple, not like these dumbass from US, who's focus on the carrier propeller, but let the south Korean doing the nuclear reactor for Westinghouse :stubborn:

Anyway, for back on the Mistral class, the ship propulsion is totally different, and I believe it will be no problems.
why ?? to simple, is the same pods at them allready install on every US or British liner made in France like the Queen Elizabeth 2

you figure that the british aren't anymore abble to do by themself a liner :lol: :lol: and now them start made the british sample of Kutznetsov or Variag class :think: : ... :whistle: :
and evens is a problemes, it will be like theses meet by the US Liner Musica, whenn the British pods fails and give a hell of vibration ! :dance:
But I expect that the Russian will buy pods from others where than in UK :whistle:
- Well sir, please agree with me that you other, French, you fight for monnay, whenn us, british, fight for the honnor !
- Of course sir, but you know, everybody fight for what he's leack !
Robert Surcouf, French Corsair, 1773-1827

Robert Surcouf,
USS ALASKA

France Confirms Warship Talks

Post by USS ALASKA »

Moscow Times
October 2, 2009

France Confirms Warship Talks

By Reuters

French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner said Thursday that Russia might buy a French assault ship, a move that would be greeted with unease by Georgia and the United States.

The comments by Kouchner are the first indication that France may be willing to sanction the sale of a Mistral-class helicopter-carrier to Russia after Moscow’s top brass said it would fill a major gap in its military capability.

“This political agreement should be reached, I think, but it’s not up to me to decide … concerning this wonderful warship,” Kouchner told Ekho Moskvy radio.

Kouchner did not say what political negotiations must still take place, but the final decision would have to be sanctioned by French President Nicolas Sarkozy
Karl Heidenreich

Another good example of french gratitude for being liberated from the nazis. What a bunch of...
Sir Winston Churchill
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

If they decide to sell military capability to the Russians...what are they keeping the nuclear deterrance for?
Karl Heidenreich

Nuclear ridicule, you must mean? They had a bunch of nuclear warheads that according to them will help them against a soviet invasion, which was a reason for them to abandon NATO when the things were hot. I do imagine that the real reason was not to endanger themselves with a possible ruskie invasion on Europe and "negotaitate" a Petain class of peace agreement without any fighting. When the threat was over and they felt it was time to do some money with the EU and all that stuff then they rejoined, bravely, NATO. At least they were uncapable to sell a single French made jet fighter even to the poorest NATO country, that went all the way Eurofighter. Which is why they like to sell uranium to Saddam Hussein and now their cheap warship to Russia.
Sir Winston Churchill
ostriker

Post by ostriker »

Pfff... Reading you give me the impression that France is the only country that don't deserve to exist. Do you think your(s) governments(s) is/are perfects. STOP DREAMING.

PS: Type "Mistral class" or something like that in google, and you will see what is the Mistral class. It is not a an aicraft carrier, not a nuclear submarine, just a ship able to carry troops, hospital facilities, and even some helicopters. Nothing of very dangerous.

On top of that, Karl, I definitely don't understand your opinion. On one hand you say more and more that french stuff is useless, unreliable and other... and on the other you are yelling because france has a "supposed possible" chance to sell a (supposed) small warship. I dont understand, where is the problem if this stuff is unreliable?

Eric
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

Sorry, France could develop SLBM and MRBM, Britain had to be provided with Polaris, Poseidon and Trident. The only component coming from abroad was the guidance system, provided by Singer-Kearfoot, surely with the consentment of the US Government,