Russia to Buy French Helicopter Carrier

The warships of today's navies, current naval events, ships in the news, etc.
Karl Heidenreich

Re: Russia to Buy French Helicopter Carrier

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

It´s like the Renault F-1 team: technically uncapable to beat this year´s competitors. But they cheat (Piquet´s false crash) in order to get good punctuation. And they got away with it with a slap in their hands.
Then they have the boldness to put in their Megane´s cars the sticker "Renault F1 Technology".

No wonder why my 1987 Porsche 944 (22 years old and without Turbo) beat the crap out of the Renaults and Peugeots at the Highway anytime!
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
ostriker

Post by ostriker »

Are you gonna to give us all your anti-french stuff catalog Karl? Why didn't you reply to my last question?
Pfff... Reading you give me the impression that France is the only country that don't deserve to exist. Do you think your(s) governments(s) is/are perfects. STOP DREAMING.

PS: Type "Mistral class" or something like that in google, and you will see what is the Mistral class. It is not a an aicraft carrier, not a nuclear submarine, just a ship able to carry troops, hospital facilities, and even some helicopters. Nothing of very dangerous.

On top of that, Karl, I definitely don't understand your opinion. On one hand you say more and more that french stuff is useless, unreliable and other... and on the other you are yelling because france has a "supposed possible" chance to sell a (supposed) small warship. I dont understand, where is the problem if this stuff is unreliable?
IMHO you have a psychiatric problem with France and french people in general, unfortunately. I can only suggest you to come in this part of Europe, I can confirm that you won't be eaten, beaten or what else, there is also smart people over there.

A last point: Your comparison between your porsche and a peugeot or other french car can't stand simply because there is no equivalent french brand of porsche which build racing of fast car. It is like a comparison between a WWI destroyer (french of course) and a current US aircraft carrier. Nice and Fair, as always with you.

You are pointing the last cheating of F1 Renault team. As usually you forget a lot of point. As for example that the top staff as been fired (even this italian cheating guy). And talking about corruption or cheating, why don't you speak about US (this country which seems so perfect to you) companies who had recently been caught for similar problem.
This is the problem: you are narrow-minded.

And I humbly remind you: the Mistral is just a ferry painted in grey.
Karl Heidenreich

Back in 1970ies Porsche was about to launch the now legendary 911. They were supposed to unveiled it at some Paris auto show with it´s original designation number: Porsche 901. The french came to the Porsche guys and told them that if they don´t want his brand ban from the show and lawsuit in France he needed to change the designation to Porsche something like 911 or 921 or whatever, because it was Peugeot the one that uses a "0" (zero) in the middle of her three digit denomination.

Porsche was then an emerging brand so they abided. They changed the Porsche 901 to 911. Today EVERYBODY recognizes what is a 911 but I don´t know a single car buff that gives a damn for a car with a "0" in the middle of her three number denomination.

By the way, Porsche is the brand that has more wins in Le Mans in all the race history. Not bad for the krauts, ah...?
Sir Winston Churchill
ostriker

Post by ostriker »

As usually, you don't reply to the question...
Karl Heidenreich

Sometimes I can be a real idiot, I reckon. I don´t mean half the things I implied and I regret it. To go with the generalization is a as bigot as can be and I´m better than that. I´m sorry.
Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:.

Porsche was then an emerging brand so they abided. They changed the Porsche 901 to 911. Today EVERYBODY recognizes what is a 911 but I don´t know a single car buff that gives a damn for a car with a "0" in the middle of her three number denomination.
You are forgetting Karl that there was a fighter aircraft with an ''0'' in the middle of its number designation. Its constructor was also German - Messerschmidt.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
RF

Post by RF »

So Ostriker, what happened to that Prussian helmet?
ostriker

Post by ostriker »

RF wrote:So Ostriker, what happened to that Prussian helmet?
I am trying to remove my lack of knowledge about "Middle Ages". :D I discover splendid things. So my avatar is "up to date" :dance:
RF

Post by RF »

I don't know whether my eyesight is going, but the shield almost looks like a giant pair of binoculars with a red cross in the middle......
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

RF wrote:I don't know whether my eyesight is going, but the shield almost looks like a giant pair of binoculars with a red cross in the middle......
It looks to me like an owl wearing a tabard with the red cross and no shield visible.
lwd

Post by lwd »

Penguin wearing a tabard, cloak, belt, and helm. carrying a sword but no shield.
ostriker

Post by ostriker »

Hummm... I didn't notice the absence of shield..., nor the redcross moreover... I can humbly suppose that my pengouin lost his shield somewhere around Santiago de Compostela and was later drawn by Florence Nightingale...
Bill

Post by Bill »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:Another good example of french gratitude for being liberated from the nazis. What a bunch of...
That a real dumb post !!!

In 2007 I work on site in Siberia, 80km of Abakhan, capital of Khakassia, about 500km from Krasnoyarsk

I installed a continous casting line for aluminium production, and work for a French company

But on the same plant it was many other companies:
- British, for the oven keep the aluminium liquid
- Germans for automation process
- Austrian, for a second type of concasting lines
- Japan for supply the robot

But of course, according you, is only France have to think about the Nazis, and absolutely not the british, the Austrian or the germans !

Back on Mistral class, you just forget that this ship isn’t warship at all, but build according civilian standard, as anyone ferry !
- Well sir, please agree with me that you other, French, you fight for monnay, whenn us, british, fight for the honnor !
- Of course sir, but you know, everybody fight for what he's leack !
Robert Surcouf, French Corsair, 1773-1827

Robert Surcouf,
Kyler

Post by Kyler »

Update,

France and Russia are still in negotiations for the sale of a Mistral Helicopter Carrier, but the deal is looking good for France to build a carrier with Russian observers, and Russia then build 4 more under license.

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i= ... =SEA&s=TOP
"It was a perfect attack, Right Height, Right Range, Right cloud cover, Right speed,
Wrong f@%king ship!" Commander Stewart-Moore (HMS Ark Royal)
RF

Post by RF »

If Russia is to build them under licence then that would not be a particulary good deal for French shipyard workers, or the French trade unions.....