What are the prospects for a European Navy...

The warships of today's navies, current naval events, ships in the news, etc.
Karl Heidenreich

Re: What are the prospects for a European Navy...

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

In twenty years from now it would be an islamic navy, the ships would be called Saladin I, or Khomeini IV, or Ali Pasha.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

H'mmm we shall see....
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
IronDuke

Post by IronDuke »

I hope there are no prospects for a 'Euro Navy'.

http://www.savetheroyalnavy.org/index.html
"It only takes two or three years to build a ship but three hundred to build a tradition" Admiral Cunningham RN
RF

Post by RF »

The answer is for the British voters to elect a British Government that puts British interests first, and takes Britain out of the European Union. And that means voting for UKIP, or failing them the British National Party, as none of the existing parliamentary parties really cares about Britain or its real interests.
IronDuke

Post by IronDuke »

I honestly believe we are a very, very, long way from any kind of 'Euro Navy'. That said, right now, the RN needs the support of everyone who believes the Service is important.
"It only takes two or three years to build a ship but three hundred to build a tradition" Admiral Cunningham RN
RF

Post by RF »

And that includes the British Government and the Westminster political parties.
solstice1962

Post by solstice1962 »

The EU is essentially a trading organisation. And, as has always happened in the past, a trading association of nations forms into a political union. Although, in Europe's case, we don't all speak the same language.
RF

Post by RF »

solstice1962, I'm afraid you are completely wrong.

The forunner of the current EU, the European Economic Community, was set up under the 1957 Treaty of Rome with the express intent that it would ultimately lead up to the creation of a single United States of Europe. The political objectives were always hidden behind the propaganda about it being only a trading organisation, and that was how it was sold to the British public in the 1975 referendum. Enoch Powell pointed this out at the time.

The political objectives were always there - why have the EEC or EU as simply a trading organisation when the European Free Trade Area - called EFTA - already existed? Why not simply join EFTA instead of having an EEC?
The answer is that EFTA never had any political objectives, other than the promotion of free trade. The EEC was set up first with the objective of strangling EFTA out of existence. Hence all the EEC propaganda about it being a trading organisation and it being ''pro- European.''
solstice1962

Post by solstice1962 »

I'm beginning to get a very worrying picture of you RF! Enoch Powell! The BNP! Everything will boil down to money interests in the end. Navies exist to protect trade and simply, for the commercial interests of shipbuilders and maintaining jobs. I'm not being critical of this. I embrace the idea. Rather that, than petty nationalism.
RF

Post by RF »

Having a strong navy - where one is required, as it is for an island nation - is necessary to preserve the genuine independance of a country such as Britain and to protect its interests. This goes far beyond ''petty nationalism'' as if Britain isn't prepared to stand up for its interests in the world then no-one else will. Not simply a case of trade or jobs either.

So far as the British National Party is concerned, there is a substantial gulf of difference between the views i espouce and what is the real BNP agenda.
Karl Heidenreich

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

I do hope that there is no European Navy and that the European Union fail. The only thing in which Europe should stand united is in regulating the islamic inmigration and that's it. There is nothing good in such an Union: is too political correct.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:I do hope that ..... the European Union fail.
I agree, but there has to be a reliable structure in Europe to replace it - hopefully by a set of independent nations who respect each others existence and co-operate freely on the basis of free trade.