Saw one of these great machines while on holiday up in Portsmouth. I thought I would give you the new stats for the ship.
The most advanced warship in the world.
The Type 45 Anti-Warfare Destroyer will defend the UK's new Aircraft Carriers or Groups of Ships against enemy aircraft and missiles, providing the backbone of The Royal Navy for the next 30 years and beyond.
There are six ships in the Type 45 Class Destroyer:-
Daring, Dauntless, Diamond, Dragon, Defender, Duncan.
Displacement: c. 7,500 tonnes (all up displacement)
Length: 152.4 metres
Speed: 27 knots+
Range: 7,000 miles
Maximum Beam: 21.2 metres
Crew: 190 aprox
1. Lynx HMAB/Merlin HM1 helicopter with Stingray torpedoes and Sea Skua Missiles.
2. Navigation Radar.
3. Long Range Radar with identification Friend or Foe Interrogator
4. Communications Mast
5. DLH Offboard Decoy System (P&S)
6. 30mm Automatic Small Calibre Guns (P&S)
7. Sampson Multi-Function Radar
8. Electro Optical Gunfire Control System
9. DLF Passive Naval Decoy System (P&S)
10. Sea Viper Sylver Surface-to-Air Vertical Launch Silos.
11. 4.5 inch Mk8 Mod1 Naval Gun.
12. MFS-7000 Bow Sonar