Messerschmitt 262 site

Non-naval discussions about the Second World War. Military leaders, campaigns, weapons, etc.
Karl Heidenreich

Messerschmitt 262 site

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

For those interested in WWII aviation, specially in German warbirds:

http://www.stormbirds.com

There you can find an actual video of a ME 262 flying over Berlin nowadays!!! :clap:
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

Karl, this is incredible. Did you read the story? The guys took a display 262 just to reverse-engineer the blue prints, and built a brand-new plane (with General Electric engines in place of the original Junkers).
Lucky the aircraft fans, that can often see a real WWII warbird flying. We, the battleships fans, can only see our beloved ships in B&W films, would never see a real one sailing in the seas.
Karl Heidenreich

Marcelo
Lucky the aircraft fans, that can often see a real WWII warbird flying. We, the battleships fans, can only see our beloved ships in B&W films, would never see a real one sailing in the seas.
Yes Marcelo, the aircraft fans had more than a dozen airshows per year, in USA and Europe, where they can watch P-51s, B-17s, Zeros, you name it! We, battleship fans have to travel a lot only to see the few existing ones, not necesarily the ones we love (good old Bismarck, PZ, Schanhorst, PoW, KGV, Nagato, etc. etc. etc.) just to see them there, inmobile, forever. I hope to go somehow to Japan and visit Mikasa.

Best regards!
Sir Winston Churchill
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

not necesarily the ones we love
For me they are all beautifull, even Fuso (sorry Gary).
Karl Heidenreich

Marcelo:
For me they are all beautifull, even Fuso (sorry Gary).
Of course they are all beautifull, even those... WWII Soviet Battleships as the Gangut. :cool: But still, what will you give to see the ones you really dream of: the Bismarck, the Hood, the Yamato, the Royal Oak, all those famous ones?
Well, at least there is hope we can see a flying Me 262: what a marvelous machine. Did you see the video? Flying with the black crosses on the fuselage and wings, awesome! :clap:
Sir Winston Churchill
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

Of course they are all beautifull, even those... WWII Soviet Battleships as the Gangut.
Strange-looking as she is, she was part of the evolution of the dreadnoughts. In those days superfiring turrets were seen with distrust, because of the supposed damade the guns would inflict to the turret below in case of dead on fire.
Karl Heidenreich

Marcelo,

these guys are selling the Me 262 for US $2,000,000 a piece without the engines and avionics! Only five are going to be built (three counting that two are already flying and sold; well, just two because one goes to the Messerschmitt Foundation in Germany, that bought one).
And they are going to build only five because that way they maintain the price high for those who buy them. It´s incredible!

Best regards!
Sir Winston Churchill
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

Thanks for telling me Karl, I will go for one!!! :D
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

Will they take MasterCard or Visa?

Derf
Karl Heidenreich

Re: Messerschmitt 262 site

Hey,

These guys still haven´t sold their three remaining Me 262. Having the money it will be fun.
Sir Winston Churchill