KuK Viribus Unitus

From the birth of the Dreadnought to the period immediately after the end of World War I.
pbhawkin

KuK Viribus Unitus

Post by pbhawkin »

Hi,
first post here.
I am building a scratch built model of this ship and am wondering what colour it actually was!
The Card model by JSC has a Green superstructure and there are certainly profiles on the web that show this. Others show a Dark Green underwater hull and a light Grey hull and superstructure (all show a wooden deck).

Can anyone offer an insight?
Byron Angel

Re: KuK Viribus Unitus

Post by Byron Angel »

I have a fairly good collection of reference material on the K.u.K. Marine of WW1, but the only publication that offers any useful color portraiture of Viribus Unitis is the Osprey publication on AH battleships: grey hull and upperworks; red band at the waterline; deep green hull beneath the waterline band. The low perspective of the image precludes any view of the upper decks, but if the color images of the other AH battleships in this book are any indication (they all show the same), the exposed deck levels above the forecastle deck are a medium-dark chocolate brown - my guess = linoleum or corticene.

FWIW.

Byron