The legend, HMS Warspite actually began on 31 Oct 1912, the date she was laid down on No 3 slip Devonport Dockyard, Devonshire, England.
Of the 1912 / 1913 programme she was indeed launched on 26 Nov 1913 by Mrs Austin Chamberlain.
Completed for trials 8 Mar 1915, commissioned at Devonport that 5 April to immediately join the 2BS (2nd Battle Squadron) at Scapa Flow, where she arrived on 13 April. On the 24 Nov 1915 she joined the 5BS, comprising the Queen Elizabeth class battleships, flag Barham.
Under the command of Captain Edward M. Phillpotts from completion, his command of Warspite extended until late 1916, including Jutland.
A full broadside. The traditional English salute.