ASROC firing controls

Guns, torpedoes, mines, bombs, missiles, ammunition, fire control, radars, and electronic warfare.
browne92

ASROC firing controls

Post by browne92 »

My name is Bill Browne and I'm trying to help a local naval museum add some interest to their display by getting various controls and instruments to light up and act as though they are functioning.

It would be easy to have lights blink randomly, but I was hoping to do something a little more realistic. We are starting with the launch controls that are in the small structure next to the ASROC boxes because it is currently a section of the ship that is not shown. After getting this done, I'll move to the CIC.

I've found a training video on youtube that, except for a few questions, gives me a pretty good idea of how I want to work the portion marked in red:

What I don't know anything about is the panel on the left and the long one on the top, except that the panel on the left shows the missile angle and direction. The labels have all been removed for painting and are still available, tho I haven't seen them.

Is there someone here that can describe the function of the other 2 panels? Or direct me to a site that can? I'm sure it's asking too much to see wiring diagrams, but I'll ask anyway. I would like to get an idea of what I'm up against before I order controllers and associated hardware.

Also, am I correct in that all this operates on 28 volts?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.
browne92

Re: ASROC firing controls

Post by browne92 »

I completed phase one of this project with the limited information I had available. You can see the outcome here:

https://youtu.be/qlKOhVcUNIc
browne92

Re: ASROC firing controls

Post by browne92 »

Seems information on this system is pretty much non-existent. That's ok, I got it done anyway:

http://www.edgefinderllc.com/asroc1.htm