Differences between 10,5-cm (4.1") Krupp Naval guns S.K. L/40 and L/45?

Guns, torpedoes, mines, bombs, missiles, ammunition, fire control, radars, and electronic warfare.
marcelo_malara

Re: Differences between 10,5-cm (4.1") Krupp Naval guns S.K. L/40 and L/45?

Post by marcelo_malara »

Tool1958 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:07 pm

Regarding the construction and function of the Barrel brakes and pre-haulers by springs
and piston cylinders of the 10.5 cm guns can be seen here on page 10.

Waffen-Arsenal, Sonderband S-15, Deutsche schwere Flak 10,5 cm . . . . . pdf.
http://amicale.3emedragons.free.fr/Docs ... 0Flak+.pdf

Regards Holger
Hi Holger. Wonderful book! I did not know of that book series. How I regret no speaking German!

I am curious about this part:

"• Forged monobloc barrel - i.e. superior quality material, barrel made of 2 screwed pieces or barrel made of 3 pieces screwed."

Would each screwed part have rifling? If so, how would the lands be made to coincide? Or on the contrary the parts would be for example the chamber and the rest of the barrel?

Regards
Tool1958

Post by Tool1958 »

marcelo_malara wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:53 pm
Wonderful book! I did not know of that book series. How I regret no speaking German!

I am curious about this part:

"• Forged monobloc barrel - i.e. superior quality material, barrel made of 2 screwed pieces or barrel made of 3 pieces screwed."

Would each screwed part have rifling? If so, how would the lands be made to coincide? Or on the contrary the parts would be for example the chamber and the rest of the barrel?

Hi Marcelo,

I'm not sure I understood your question exactly.

During the translating into another language, there are always misunderstandings.
(Fortunately this time we didn't have any back translations from Turkish into English - :wink: -)

I am also not an expert in this metallurgical field of weapons technology, but I am always willing to learn.
I think I have to rephrase your question and then come back to it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

By the way; - Regarding the German magazine WAFFEN ARSENAL, there are further topics available for free download here.

https://archive.org/details/WaffenArsen ... enal%2040/

(Leave that with the German language; - thanks to the current German government - :stubborn: - , not only the German language, but the entire
country is being abolished. But the Germans now have enough experience destroying themselves and are becoming more and more effective at it)

Reagrds Holger
Last edited by Tool1958 on Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tool1958

Post by Tool1958 »

Double
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

Tool1958 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:05 am

Hi Marcelo,

I'm not sure I understood your question exactly.

During the translating into another language, there are always misunderstandings.
(Fortunately this time we didn't have any back translations from Turkish into English - :wink: -)

I am also not an expert in this metallurgical field of weapons technology, but I am always willing to learn.
I think I have to rephrase your question and then come back to it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

By the way; - Regarding the German magazine WAFFEN ARSENAL, there are further topics available for free download here.

https://archive.org/details/WaffenArsen ... enal%2040/

(Leave that with the German language; - thanks to the current German government - :stubborn: - , not only the German language, but the entire
country is being abolished. But the Germans now have enough experience destroying themselves and are becoming more and more effective at it)

Regards Holger
Thanks for the link!

What I meant was this. Look at this cutaway. As you posted before the inner A-tube seems to be composed of three sections, I marked with arrows where they join. I was thinking if the barrel was assembled first an then rifled, or if somehow they were rifled separately and then joined together, what would need coinciding exactly the land and grooves of each section with the ones of the neighboring parts.

Regards
Herr Nilsson

Post by Herr Nilsson »

10,5 L/45

Click "Digitalisat anzeigen"
Regards

Marc

"Thank God we blow up and sink more easily." (unknown officer from HMS Norfolk)
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

Herr Nilsson wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:51 pm 10,5 L/45

Wonderful! Thanks!
Tool1958

Post by Tool1958 »

Herr Nilsson wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:51 pm 10,5 L/45
Hi Marc; - Great Info; - Thank´s for posting.

Regards Holger