US, UK, FRANCE's New Stance on Iran?

Military News and current conflicts. Middle East, Syria, Ukraine, etc.
RF

Re: US, UK, FRANCE's New Stance on Iran?

Post by RF »

That is why I am inclined to think that the Israeli's would deal with the ''Iraq problem'' rather than the US, even though as you say the US would get the blame. Far better to deal with this behind the scenes with no overt aggression.

Anyway, where is the technical knowledge and assistance for the Iraqi efforts coming from? Russia?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

RF wrote:That is why I am inclined to think that the Israeli's would deal with the ''Iraq problem'' rather than the US, even though as you say the US would get the blame. Far better to deal with this behind the scenes with no overt aggression.

Anyway, where is the technical knowledge and assistance for the Iraqi efforts coming from? Russia?
You mean Iran?

Yes, there are apparently Russian scientists helping Iran with their nuclear research. I don't know how long the various intelligence communities have known this, but it's come out recently according to at least one international organization.
RF

Post by RF »

Sorry Bgile, I should have said Iran and not Iraq. It was much easier back in the days of the Shah when we could call the country Persia....

I was thinking not merely of the technical assistance but also the huge stockpile of nuclear materials that is illicitly available for sale in Russia.
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

RF wrote:Sorry Bgile, I should have said Iran and not Iraq. It was much easier back in the days of the Shah when we could call the country Persia....

I was thinking not merely of the technical assistance but also the huge stockpile of nuclear materials that is illicitly available for sale in Russia.
Actually the people there do think of themselves as Persians and they are certainly not of Arabian decent.
RF

Post by RF »

This presumably goes far back into history, to the time of Xerxes....