North Korea attacks the South!

Military News and current conflicts. Middle East, Syria, Ukraine, etc.
Karl Heidenreich

North Korea attacks the South!

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

The news agencies are full with images and news from the latest comunist agression, this time North Korea shelled a coastal territory of the South. As expected no retaliation has happened, yet. The White House issued condemns to the attacks but it failed to warn or threat the agressor, so far.

It seerms that years of Jimmy Carter's negotiations and yields to this barbaric totalitarian dictator have come to what always come when dealing with criminals as Hitler, Stalin, Saddam or this guy: violence. Despite the warnings from Machiaveli's teachings the liberals fueled up another conflict by using pacifism instead of strong military action since the moment the problem starts. Anyway I do not expect anything brave from the White House.

Today is Korea. Tomorrow will be Iran.

Regards,
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
Bgile

Re: North Korea attacks the South!

Post by Bgile »

The US and China are both trying to defuse the situation. Do you consider China to be weak and pacifist also, or is it just the USA?
Karl Heidenreich

China, as Hitler at Munich, is just trying to take any advantage of the situation. They are not weak, they are clever; Obama, on the other hand, is behaving in a Carterish's style (for not using a harder terminology).
Sir Winston Churchill
Bgile

Post by Bgile »

Karl Heidenreich wrote:China, as Hitler at Munich, is just trying to take any advantage of the situation. They are not weak, they are clever; Obama, on the other hand, is behaving in a Carterish's style (for not using a harder terminology).
I apologize for making a pointless post. If I had thought about it, I would have known what would happen and not wasted my time and that of others.
Karl Heidenreich

Bgile:
I apologize for making a pointless post. If I had thought about it, I would have known what would happen and not wasted my time and that of others.
Why do you try to made a ridicule from what is a perfectly valid statement? Do you think that China is getting involved because of their concern with the rights and sovereingty of South Korea or because of their commitment to Human Rights? They do not care a thing on a lawful abidance diplomatic stance or whatever as the US tries everytime (unsuccesfully). The Chinese have interests and they get involved to see that those interests could be maintained or enforced.

Anyway, it seems that Obama reassured South Korea that the US will support them in a military conflict but no attack have been done against the nuclear weapon manufacturing facilities of this terrorist. Let'ssee what happens now but I bet that this tantrum is a communist "maskirovka" in order to obtain benefits from the US in exchange to "dismantling" the facilities... only to have this happen again and again in four or five years time.
Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

I would have thought that South Korea would be quite capable of containing this aggression on its own.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
RF

Post by RF »

Nearly seven years on and nothing has changed.

Except I think that the capability of the North Koreans to invade the South is gradually declining.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
aurora

Post by aurora »

The Korean War was more involved than "North Korea invaded South Korea". The invasion took place only after consultation and approval with Soviet and Chinese authorities, including Stalin himself.

This "war of unification" was a baldfaced attempt at an expansion of communism. This in turn brought i the anti communist USA plus fellow adherentsIt and it was to prove one of the greatest "standoffs" in trhe history of warfare because neither big power wanted to use nuclear weapons

Aurora
Quo Fata Vocant-Whither the Fates call

Jim
aurora

Post by aurora »

The Korean War was more involved than "North Korea invaded South Korea". The invasion took place only after consultation and approval with Soviet and Chinese authorities, including Stalin himself.

This "war of unification" was a baldfaced attempt at an expansion of communism. This in turn brought i the anti communist USA plus fellow adherentsIt and it was to prove one of the greatest "standoffs" in trhe history of warfare because neither big power wanted to use nuclear weapons

Aurora
Quo Fata Vocant-Whither the Fates call

Jim