Zerstörers

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
Erich

Zerstörers

Post by Erich »

Gentlemen :

Can anyone recommend an excellent title(s) for the KM Zerstörers ? interested in personalities and unit histories.

I have M.J Whitleys work, P. Beavers small photo soft-bound, Z-34 bei Güth and two SOS small soft-backs # 126 and # 148

many thanks

Erich ~ :D
Tiornu
Supporter

Re: Zerstörers

Post by Tiornu »

Which Whitley? Destroyer! is an early edition of German Destroyers of World War Two. Another tehnical reference is German Destroyers of World War II by Koop & Schmolke. (Not a lot of creativity in titles....) Groner is always good. For operational history, you can try Vince O'Hara's The German Fleet at War.
Erich

Post by Erich »

thank you for the listing Tiornu and yes the Whitley volume is titled "German Destroyers of WW 2", second edition.

is Vince O'Hara's book available and hopefully not OOP ? my question on history of the Z-boots is for the Baltic affairs from fall of 44 till wars end

Erich ~ and with your recommendation I just purchased the Koop/Schmolke book
Tiornu
Supporter

Post by Tiornu »

I assume the O'Hara book is readily available. It's fairly recent.
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

I have the first edition of Whitley's book on the KM Zerstorer history - "Destroyers!". Is the second edition of this Whitley book different enough that it is worth having both?

Thanks.

Derf
Tiornu
Supporter

Post by Tiornu »

I don't have both in hand to make a comparison.