New Books

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
paul mercer

New Books

Post by paul mercer »

Has anyone read the book HMS Rodney by Ian Ballantyne that has just been published? I had a quick look in a bookshop the other day and one of the pages I turned to described a large hit on Bismarcks stern, could this, with the addition of the torpedo hit, have caused the stern to fail? I have'nt bought it yet as it is fairly expensive at £25.00 but am hoping it might arrive as a birthday present!
I believe that there is another book on the battle of the River Plate by Richard Woodman which has also just been publlished, this claims to reassess the event - anyone read that?
RF

Re: New Books

Post by RF »

Have these books been published on the internet, as often extracts from newly published books are shown as a promotional trailer.

Also if you can wait six months you should be able to request a copy from your local public library - newly published books should be available six months from publication date.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
paul mercer

Re: New Books

Post by paul mercer »

RF wrote:Have these books been published on the internet, as often extracts from newly published books are shown as a promotional trailer.

Also if you can wait six months you should be able to request a copy from your local public library - newly published books should be available six months from publication date.

These books are now available, have bought the one on Rodney, unfortunately my wife has confiscated it until my birthday in June. Has anyone else seen it?