Josef Kaiser: Der Beginn der Rheinübung

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
t-geronimo

Josef Kaiser: Der Beginn der Rheinübung

Post by t-geronimo »

Josef Kaiser has recently published his newest work:

Schlachtschiff Bismarck - Der Beginn der „Rheinübung“

It is about the first part of the operation, the way from Gotenhafen to Grimstadtfjord in Norway.
Josef reconstructs the events and courses of the german ships from war diaries, operation orders and common literature. He examines the data and shows up contradicting data.
For the first time files from the swedish war archive are integrated. Thus the encounter with Gotland becomes more clearly.

The book contains 41 pages DIN A4 and 19 coloured sea maps of the same size.
In Germany it costs 16€ including shipment. For shipping to other countries please ask the author.
It is available in german language only!

It can be ordered via the following email adress only:

I already have my copy and I can say it is very, very detailed!!
RF

Re: Josef Kaiser: Der Beginn der Rheinübung

Post by RF »

Is it likely that a translation of this work into English will be done in the near future?
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
t-geronimo

Post by t-geronimo »

Sadly not, I guess.

At least not in the near future. :(
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

Thanks for the news Thorsten, :ok:

Could you upload the book cover so I can add this title to the book section of the website?
t-geronimo

Post by t-geronimo »

Hi José!

Yes, of course!
Is the resolution ok?
Attachments
Bismarck-Cover.jpg
(146.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

Yes, that's perfect.
Thanks!
Ulrich Rudofsky
Contributor & Translator

Post by Ulrich Rudofsky »

Schlachtschiff Bismarck - Der Beginn der „Rheinübung“
Battleship Bismarck – The Start of “Rheinuebung”

Eine kritische Untersuchung des Marsches von Gotenhafen zum Grimstad-Fjord
A critical Invstigation of the Cruise from Gotenhafen to the Grimstad Fjord

Josef Kaiser is well-known for his two books about the BISMARCK Josef Kaiser: Schlachtschiff Bismarck - Das Original im Detail http://www.kbismarck.org/bismarckbooks.html and the companion volume of the model.

I second the recommendation by our frriend t-geronimo and his review of this new book.

This booklet of 41 pages contains a detailed reconstruction of the course plots and the events based on the war diaries, operational orders and the available literature. The historical facts are well documented and the discovery of controversial issues are duly noted. The flow of information from the beginning of operation “Rheinübung” is also based, in part, on the Swedish war archives, with particular reference to the sighting by the Swedish aircraft cruiser “Gotland”.

Forty one pages in DIN A4 format (297 mm x 210 mm = 11.7'' x 8.3'') with additional 19 pages of color navigational charts of the course plots make up this exceptional document. The charts are reductions on DIN A4 card stock of the original scale of 1:50,000 to 1:500,000.

Price: € 16.00 incl. postage and handling within Germany; for foreign order, please, contact Josef Kaiser directly) Postage the US was only € 3.45

Orders by pre-payment only. It should be noted that the publishing company which produced this and the other two Josef Kaiser books has ceased operations due to health issues; hence the book must be ordered directly from Josef Kaiser. Contact: die-rheinuebung@web.de

PS: you don' t have to be a German language scholar to understand this book. I would consider translating it if Josef Kaiser would agree. Gratis of course, as I have done with many documents at KBismarck.com
Ulrich
George Roumbos
Supporter

Post by George Roumbos »

I have Mr. Kaiser's two books and certainlly will order this one aswell, thank's for the update mates !!!
"Ich lasse mir doch mein Schiff nicht unter dem Arsch wegschiessen. Feuererlaubnis !"

George "tango-echo" Roumbos, Hellas

www.emioannina.gr