The War Diary of the Battleship Bismarck

Discussions about the history of the ship, technical details, etc.

Moderator: Bill Jurens

José M. Rico
Administrator

The War Diary of the Battleship Bismarck

Post by José M. Rico »

The War Diary of the Battleship Bismarck is now available in paper format from the link below. Let me remind you that the electronic .pdf version will still be available for download from our website for FREE. However, if you want to have this historical document nicely edited as a traditional paper book you might be interested in purchasing a copy.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/ulrich-h-rudof ... 99512.html

Best regards to all
RF

Re: The War Diary of the Battleship Bismarck

Post by RF »

I gather that the actual war diary covering Rheinubung went down with the ship and the diary here is an SKL reconstruction which can only be in the third person without even any input from any Bismarck survivors (bar five) as they were British prisoners.

It would seem therefore that it cannot be the true version as seen by the seior officers actually on board the ship. Their perspective might be very different from the SKL.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

Yes, the actual war diary covering Rheinubung went down with the ship and was later "reconstructed" in July 1941 by the Kriegsmarine’s Office of Naval Operations (Seekriegsleitung). However this document includes the pre-Rheinubung diaries too from 24 August 1940 onwards. It can be downloaded for free from the website, or purchased in paper format.
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

Jose,

The link for the on-line article on Bismarcks fire control and radar information seems to be broken. I am very interested in FC and would like to see what you had listed. Any chance it can be re-linked?

Thanks!
"I will not have my ship shot out from under my ass!"
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

A revised edition of the war diary of the Bismarck has been uploaded to the website.
Lots of typos that went unnoticed years ago have now been corrected, and the translation has been improved overall.
You may download the new updated document for free from the following link:

http://www.kbismarck.com/archives/bs-ktb.zip

... or buy a copy in paper format from the LULU website here:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/ulrich-h-rudof ... 99512.html