New Tirpitz and Bismarck books

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
Antonio Bonomi

New Tirpitz and Bismarck books

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Hello everybody,

introducing a complete new dimension on Tirpitz and Bismarck books.

April 1st, 2014, ... 75 years after her launch, ... our Tirpitz book Number 1 will be released.

More to come ... on Tirpitz as well as on Bismarck.

You will NOT believe what you will be able to see, learn and realize ... GUARANTEED !

http://www.bismarck-tirpitz.com/

Bye Antonio :D
In order to honor a soldier, we have to tell the truth about what happened over there. The whole, hard, cold truth. And until we do that, we dishonor her and every soldier who died, who gave their life for their country. ( Courage Under Fire )
Olaf

Re: New Tirpitz and Bismarck books

Post by Olaf »

FYI ~ From the distributor: Tirpitz Vol. I can now be ordered, shipping will commence in the middle of next week...

It was fun having been involved in this project, and I'm really looking forward to receiving my own edition!

Happy reading ~ Olaf!
Why the Navy? Well,.... I was young and short on money...
http://linerpara.de
Antonio Bonomi

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Hello everybody,

from early build until June 1941, ... the " Read Brick House " camouflage, ... the commissioning status ... and the May, 1941 status with AH review details.

http://bismarck-tirpitz.com/tirpitz/inhalt-von-teil-1/

some nice compliments I really love and appreciate ... :wink:

http://bismarck-tirpitz.com/feedback/

it make me feeling good ... after so much work on it ... but it is just the beginning of many ... on Tirpitz and ... Bismarck ... :D

In order to honor a soldier, we have to tell the truth about what happened over there. The whole, hard, cold truth. And until we do that, we dishonor her and every soldier who died, who gave their life for their country. ( Courage Under Fire )
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Hi all ~ If you want to learn more about Vol. I, please check the Review at Modelwarships.com and one of the first letters of feedback in English we received some time ago.

If you're facing problems ordering that book via the shop site, just hit the "Kontakt" button and write in plain English what you want.

Happy reading ~ Olaf!
José M. Rico
Administrator

Post by José M. Rico »

I received this book a few months ago and I can only recommend it to everyone. This is by far the best publication on the battleship Tirpitz that I have ever seen. You can almost follow the ship's movements day by day. The quality of the photos and resolution of maps is outstanding. Not an inch of white space is wasted. Mr. Gehringer and Bonomi are really doing something extraordinary with this book series. :ok:
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Just in case you didn't know, TP Vol. II is now available. We think it is even better than Vol. I, and we believe the book is worth the time you were waiting for it.

Ready for combat

Happy reading ~ Olaf!
Antonio Bonomi

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Hello everybody,

now on delivery the second book : " Ready for combat " from May 1941 until January 1942.

http://bismarck-tirpitz.com/
newslider2015_11-1170x400.jpg
newslider2015_11-1170x400.jpg (77.28 KiB) Viewed 16482 times
newslider2015_6-1170x400.jpg
newslider2015_6-1170x400.jpg (94.96 KiB) Viewed 16482 times
newslider2015_23-1170x400.jpg
newslider2015_23-1170x400.jpg (90.56 KiB) Viewed 16482 times
... and more to come, ... next books will be about the Norwegian period ... :wink:

Antonio Bonomi

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Hello everybody,

Tirpitz book Number 3 is on release from December 1st, 2016 :
TP_book_3_cover.jpg
TP_book_3_cover.jpg (125.66 KiB) Viewed 15474 times
Tirpitz_Volume_3.jpg
Tirpitz_Volume_3.jpg (82.89 KiB) Viewed 15474 times
TP_book_3_Waldtarnung.jpg
TP_book_3_Waldtarnung.jpg (117.51 KiB) Viewed 15474 times

... and the BIG new will NOT only be the " Waldtarnung camo " ... there is MUCH more to discover about the Tirpitz camouflages on book number 3 ... :-)

Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Received my copy today; what a wonderful book it is! What a difference it is to physically hold it in my hands!

Happy reading ~ Olaf!
Antonio Bonomi

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Hello everybody,

really honored to receive feedbacks like this one :
James Stewart‎ 13 December 13th, 2016 at 23:15

I recieved the three Tirpitz books on Monday and have to say absolutely worth buying. I was told I would not be disappointed and these words have been proved true.
There are so many photos I have not seen before and the art work - well the first really good WW2 art work I saw and loved was that in the late 1960's history by Prunnell's and the IWM ("History of the Second World War"). the art work in each of the three volumes is simply 1st Class.
I put off buying any of these books , always had a mind to get them but never seemed to get around to it so I "bite the bullet" and bought all three - no regrets at all.
The books impress at all levels.
In quality of production , information, photographic content , art work, maps and diagrams all show a degree of thought as to presentation, context and I dare say the selection of high quality images used.
Tirpitz would be a ship I would have a general knowledge of and I would never have professed more than this so buying the three books was a good decision on my part and having spent a while with them I know I have have had good value for money.
What has been really nice are the series of "Then and Now" images and related diagrams which really great .
The build of the books - have to say that the authors set a high standard and the publishers did not let them down in achieving it.
The size of the books, quality of paper, clarity of images (pin sharp) , binding is tight and font size is excellent.
really glad I invested in these three books and look forward to Volume IV in due course - I will not wait as long to buy it .
I do hope the final volume will cover the post war fate of the Tirpitz and the sad fate of many of the men who died in her.
If you have not yet seen the authors books I can only recommend them, my turn to say " you will not be disappointed".

PS. It is worth mentioning the great trouble the authors have gone to in researching and in documenting the history of the ship - travelling to Norway - exploring the Fjords finding and mapping locations - no one could say Robert & Antonio have not done their homework.
Antonio Bonomi

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Hello everybody,

Tirpitz book number 4 is available from today :

http://bismarck-tirpitz.com/?lang=en

Mozhar

Re: New Tirpitz Vol.4

Post by Mozhar »

Dear Antonio, G’day! A lot of thanks for the Tirpitz’s Vol.4. I was little bit stranded from below and decided to get your advice. Thank you in advance. God bless You and Mr.Geringer for your incredible work!
024K. The report about the Topp’s chosen inner skerry route was onboard Arado to take off at 21:40 from Gavlefjord to Narvik.
026. ~20:12. Arado is back from Narvik at Hadselfjord.
Mozhar

Post by Mozhar »

RE previous msg: Sorry for the disturbing. I have already got it. There was another one flight when Arado delivered the report about emergency situation to Narvik (3 destroyers run aground). 18:45 RDO from Adm.Nordm: wait for the returning aircraft, - but task force has already been underway. And at 21:40 there was the second flight as per 024K.