Skagerrak: The Battle of Jutland Through German Eyes

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
frontkampfer

Post by frontkampfer »

by Gary Staff

Gary Staff is probably the foremost authority on the Kaiserleiche Marine. His work on German battlecruisers is fantastic and his works fill a huge void in English language studies of the KM without the usual pro Royal Navy bias. His Skagerrak book shows how the High Seas Fleet went toe-to-toe with the Grand Fleet and gave better than they got. He does this from the German perspective and he points out their failings as well. For those who want to read about Jutland/Skagerrak from the other side this book is well worth it!
"I will not have my ship shot out from under my ass!"
paul.mercer

Re: Skagerrak: The Battle of Jutland Through German Eyes

Post by paul.mercer »

Thanks for that, I'll put it on my 'Wanting for Christmas' list, particularly as it apparently throws a new light on Jutland. I have always understood (rightly or wrongly) that having given Beattie's battlecruisers a hiding the Germans turned away when the realised that they had now come up against the whole Grand Fleet which of course included the ultra modern QE class battleships. I'll look forward to seeing if what I always believed was wrong.
frontkampfer

Re: Skagerrak: The Battle of Jutland Through German Eyes

Post by frontkampfer »

Paul,

I think you will be rewarded!
"I will not have my ship shot out from under my ass!"