Hipper class CA's

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
Gary

Hipper class CA's

Post by Gary »

Hi guys.

Has anyone read this book about the German Hipper class cruisers and if so, is it worth reading?

Or should I avoid it like the plague?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... shipbis-21

Thanks
God created the world in 6 days.........and on the 7th day he built the Scharnhorst
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

Gary - This book on the Hippers is typical of all the books in this series - Bismarck class, Scharnhorst class, Deutschland class, German Light cruisers, German Destroyers as well as this book on the Hipper class heavy cruisers.

These are translations of the same series of books originally published in German by the same authors. It's not a particularly inspiring read, but lots of good data, many pictures. Well worth having, as is each of the books in this series. I consider this series of books one of my prime series of references on KM ships.

Not perfect, but pretty good! :D

Derf
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi Derf.

Thanks buddy :cool:
God created the world in 6 days.........and on the 7th day he built the Scharnhorst
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi again Derf.

I've just ordered the book from Amazon :cool:

Thanks again
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

Gary - Great, I think you will enjoy it. I'd recommend you get the entire set - they are very convenient to have handy on the bookshelf for reference purposes.

Derf