AJ Press - Kriegsmarine Topics

Naval and military history books, recent releases, magazines, related documents, articles, etc.
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

AJ Press - Kriegsmarine Topics

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

Does anyone have a listing of all the AJ Press books that have been done on Kriegsmarine surface ships?

My reason for asking ----- I just purchased a used 1997 book AJ Press did on Panzerschiff Deutschland/Lützow, this being Monografie Morskie 7, Pancerniki Kieszonkowe cz 1., by authors Waldemar Danielewicz and Miroslaw Skwiot. I was not aware AJ Press had done a series on the Panzerschiffe.

Was there a cz 2. on Admiral Scheer and a cz 3. on Admiral Graf Spee ???

The AJ Press books on KM surface ships I am aware of are:

o The series of five on Bismarck/Tirpitz
o The series of three on the Hippers
o The series of two on the K-class
o The one on Leipzig
o The one on Graf Zeppelin
o The series of two on German Naval Artillery
o The recent one on Kriegsmarine Colors

Am I missing any others done on the surface ships? These books are so excellent I don't want to miss any one of them. I am aware there have been at least two AJ Press books on U-Boats as well.

The photos of Deutschland/Lützow in the book are excellent, as with all the AJ Press books. Unfortunately, all text and captions are in Polish, which I don't read so well. But, that's OK - the photos speak for themselves in any language! :dance:

Derf
Tiornu
Supporter

Re: AJ Press - Kriegsmarine Topics

Post by Tiornu »

The one on Graf Zeppelin is pretty good, incuding a Polish/English text.
Antonio Bonomi

AJ- Press books

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Derf and all,

YES, you missed the 3 dedicated to the Panzerschiffe ( Deutschland-Lutzow, Admiral Scheer and Admiral Graf Spee ).

Than, since those guys do have various editors name, there is also a single book dedicated to Scharnhorst-Gneisenau as well ( I am sure they will redo this one ),.. than another on the destroyers.

Those ones are not at the level of the Bismarck-Tirpitz or the Hipper class ones ( really the best according to me as far as quality overall).

Very strong points they have are the photos, and the drawings overall quality ( not the details precison unfortunately ), .. not to talk about the wonderful 3D which are SUPER ! .... although everything could have been really improved very easily with some more skill on those ships, ... they are all must to have,..very good books worth the price of them,.. highly reccomended.

I have them all !

Despite my positive 'critique', .. Miroslaw Skwiot is doing a great job,.. and I personally applaude him for the value add he is providing, .. BRAVO ! :clap: :clap:

Ciao Antonio :D
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

Antonio & all:

Thanks.

Here's a good web listing of all the AJ Press books:

http://aj-press.home.pl/archiv_euro.HTM

Derf