Cameron´s next movie

Discussions on naval-war movies, films and games.
Karl Heidenreich

Cameron´s next movie

Post by Karl Heidenreich »

Hey guys,

relax. The gossip around movie makers is that James Cameron will direct again but not a Bismarck movie or any naval movie. He is going to film a movie about Mount Vesubius erasing Pompeii with a star cast. Maybe a Titanic disaster-love affair movie set in the Roman era.
We can expect great special effects, a lot of cheap drama and possibly a speech against the decadent romans and the over - virtuos slaves or something alike.
But no evil nazis on board invincible dreadnought with a pious crew that was "deceived" by Sauron... excuse me! Hitler...
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
Sir Winston Churchill
RF

Post by RF »

Mount Vesuvius erasing a star cast. Hmmm.....

The reality is that Vesuvius has been very quiet since 1944, and three million people live in direct vicinity. This time bomb is a very much greater immediate threat than ''climate change'' and could pre-empt Cameron....
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

My dad was in Italy in 1944 with the US Army. They somehow got a ride in a C-47 and flew around Vesuvius. He got a few good pics of the smoking vent.

We were there last year, 2006, in May. We visited Pompeii. I sttod there looking at Vesuvius and imagined how it was when that thing blew in 79AD. Wooo!

Derf
RF

Post by RF »

Yes indeed.

Geologists and vulcanologists have ascertained that the eruption cycle of Vesuvius includes a ''Plinian'' type eruption every two thousand years. Named after the Roman writer Pliny, who wrote down his own eyewitness account of the 79 AD eruption, these are cataclysmic eruptions featuring avalanches of superheated ash, steam and other particulates (known as pyroclastic flows) which wiped out the populations of Pompeii and Herculaneum. Geological evidence shows that the eruption around 4000 BC would have wiped out the whole of Naples if repeated today.

And according to the cycle, the next Plinian eruption, which are preceeded by a long period of total inactivity, is due around now.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.