Bismarck movie

Discussions on naval-war movies, films and games.
MOG Marty

Bismarck movie

Post by MOG Marty »

hey guys my new movie is out. you can watch the movie in H/D.
it has a lot of my own sound effects and special effects.
now i know you guys are the experts on the Bismarck so im sure you will find mistakes but i tried to make it as accurate as possible
i hope you enjoy it
RF

Re: Bismarck movie

Post by RF »

Certainly an interesting movie, though I don't think that the sea conditions were the dead calm as portrayed.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
MOG Marty

Post by MOG Marty »

RF wrote:Certainly an interesting movie, though I don't think that the sea conditions were the dead calm as portrayed.
yeah i know unfortunately i was limited with some things i used to make the video and the game engine is one of them
RF

Post by RF »

Can you widen or update the parameters of the game engine?
MOG Marty

Post by MOG Marty »

RF wrote:Can you widen or update the parameters of the game engine?
oh yeah it has been. in fact the game is 8 years old and when it came out it was 4gig and now it is 12 gig or so with addons/mods .
to add to this i used 95% of my own sound effects and the explosions and fire are my own special effects plus i spruced up the over all look when i edited the movie.
RF

Post by RF »

I think the fact that it is 8 years old indicates that a new engine is probably needed. With all the add ins and bolt ons you will get diminishing returns from the original application.
Djoser

Post by Djoser »

What game?? I want one lol!

Outstanding video. I'm not even a third done and I had to come congratulate you for a fine effort!

The one thing you might change--if you are trying to appeal to a broader audience anyway--would be to reduce the amount of German military band music and singing in the beginning. I have no idea if they are 'Nazi' songs or not, but your mainstream viewer will automatically assume they are, and that you are therefore trying to glorify the Nazis as opposed to this magnificent ship. Which would be a shame.

But that is nit-picking. Really, this is quite impressive.
MOG Marty

Post by MOG Marty »

thanks im glad you liked it Djoser.
the game is il2 sturmovik 1946.
the music at the beginning is panzerlied from battle of the bulge movie. the reason i wanted to use this song is that it has a feel of pride to it
so i wanted to show the audience that they feel proud of their ship. the reason for this is that i was trying to make the ship a living thing so as provoke emotion
from the audience right from the start. this movie wasnt about being a nazi sympathizer but sympathizing with the crews that fought in this historic battle.
so by adding this song of a crew singing helps to achieve this i believe. i have coped some flak for using this song as it isnt a Kriegsmarine song but i have liked this song since i was a kid. some people have also commented on how accurate the movie is but i ask how many movies out their are completely accurate to real events. when i started this project i knew only a few things about what had happened such as it was sunk and it wasnt really much more than that so you could imagine the task i had a hand. thanks for watching.
tommy303

Post by tommy303 »

Wir fahren gegen Engeland might have been a better choice for music as it was more frequently associated with the Kriegsmarine.

http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=541 ... n+Engeland

Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
They stood and Earth's foundations stay;
What God abandoned these defended;
And saved the sum of things for pay.
paul.mercer

Post by paul.mercer »

Very good.
Thanks