JAG TV Series

Discussions on naval-war movies, films and games.
Javier L.

JAG TV Series

Post by Javier L. »

Hello!

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I was wondering if any of you, Americans in particular, watch JAG TV series. It is about a US Navy Commander called Harmon Rabb (not sure of the spelling) who was a Naval Fighter pilot but becomes a lawyer for the Navy. This show used to be aired in Spain a couple of years ago but I can't see it anymore and I really enjoyed it.

Post by 1812 »

Im Canadian but I like to watch the show.
Javier L.

Post by Javier L. »

the show is not aired here anymore. a shame for me.
Dennis

JAG

Post by Dennis »

The show Jag is shown here in Canada three times a day on the History channel. I too am a big fan. Not being familiar with the Spanish TV, I don't know what the suggest, short of a sattelitte dish. Speaking of dishes, what about Tracy Needham!!! Drool... Where in spain do you live. I live in Vancouer, BC. Canada where I am employed as a policeman. I can be reached at denrourk@telus.net. Looking forward to bhearing from you. Dennis Sean O'Rourke
Orville H. Larson

Post by Orville H. Larson »

"JAG" ended its 10-year run in 2005.

My principal reason for watching was the sexy Catherine Bell as Lieutenant Colonel Mackenzie, USMC.
Javier L.

Post by Javier L. »

Orville H. Larson wrote:"JAG" ended its 10-year run in 2005.
How it ended?
Mackenzie and Rabb get married?
Rabb finds his father?
Jack B.

Post by Jack B. »

I was a big fan of Jag, and am sorry to see it off the air.

Basically the show ended with Mac and Harm getting transfered to posts far away from each other. If I remember Mac was going to California, while Harm was going to Europe. Harm finally told Mac how he felt, and said they should get married, but one of them would have to leave the military.

They called all their friends and met at a bar, where they told everyone they were going to get married, but one of them had to leave the military. They flipped a JAG coin to decide. As the coin flipped through the air, it stopped in mid air on the JAG symbol, and that was it. End of story.

I guess they may have left the door open for a tv movie, but who knows.
Orville H. Larson

So that's how "JAG" ended, Jack? (I didn't watch it during its last couple of months.) Love triumphed after all between Rabb and Mackenzie? It sure withstood a lot--Mackenzie had romances with that Australian officer, Lieutenant Commander Brumby, RAN, and the CIA man Clayton Webb.

I thought "JAG" was a good adventure show. There was a definite escapist element to it, of course. To judge from this show, Judge Advocate General lawyers spend as much time engaging in combat, international intrigue, and romance as they do with the Navy's legal work!

Mackenzie (Catherine Bell) was one of my favorite characters, for obvious reasons. John M. Jackson as Rear Admiral Chegwidden, USN was good, too.

One of the most unusual scenes I remember from any episode was one in which Mackenzie boxed (that's right, boxed) a Russian officer. Do you remember this?
The episode involved Rabb and Mackenzie investigating the collision (or near-collision) of an American warship with a Russian warship. There were a couple of Russian liaison officers on board the American vessel. They were both taken with the attractive Major Mackenzie, USMC.

As I remember, one of them is walking through a passageway when he sees Mackenzie in the gym/workout room. She's got gloves on, and she's hitting the heavy bag. He walks in and engages her in conversation. Maybe one of them makes a friendly challenge to the other, I don't remember, but the Russian officer gloves up, and he and Mackenzie square off. She pastes him a good one, down he goes, and when his head clears he exclaims, "Good punch, Major!"

Mac's not just another pretty face!
Javier L.

Post by Javier L. »

Mac and Rabb finally got together, that is good! :D

I didn't see the episode of Mac boxing the Russian officer, but I remember another when Rabb and the Australian Officer Brumby got into a fight because of Mac and both ended well beaten. Admiral Chegwidden had to put things in its place.

It's sad the show ended but I'm happy for Mac and Rabb. For me JAG was one of the best TV series ever. :clap:
Orville H. Larson

Recently, I was looking around for information/photos pertaining to "JAG."

Go to http://www.geocities.com/frenchman88/html/cbellboxing for 20 pictures of the scene in which Mackenzie kickboxed the Russian officer. (Until I saw these photos, I'd forgotten the kickboxing--I remembered her pasting him a good one.) This episode was on at least five (six?) years ago.

Anyway, as this guy found out, don't mess with Mac!