Prinz Eugen

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
David DeBack

Prinz Eugen

Post by David DeBack »

Hi:
Does anyone have a plan view of Prinz Eugen. I'm looking for a drawing of the upper decks, are they wood or steel, something along the lines of WEM photo-etch for the Bismarck or Tirpitz. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dave DeBack
softsea

Post by softsea »

Hi

Check Antonio and Abram's work here.

Any more doubts can be explained by him or Abram, I very sure they are only willing to help you.

João Rodrigues
jollyroger

Post by jollyroger »

Hi Joao,

The Antonio and Abram's works are perfect and very useful.
Do you have any idea where to find the Camouflage history of Bismarck and Tirpiz? Now I am going to build model of Bismarck 1:100 and I am very interested about this information.

Regards,
Veselin Djambov
Antonio Bonomi

PG and BS

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao all,

I am back home after a couple of weeks spent in Norway on my usual researches on KM warships history ( mostly Tirpitz :wink: ).

I anyone needs any help,.. just feel free.

YES, the Prinz Eugen deck colours are ok on the drawings me and Abram made together, ..so you can refer on them.

Bismarck,.... is an easy one,..just tell me which date,....

Ciao Antonio :D
José M. Rico
Administrator

Re: PG and BS

Post by José M. Rico »

Antonio Bonomi wrote:I am back home after a couple of weeks spent in Norway on my usual researches on KM warships history ( mostly Tirpitz :wink: ).
In Norway again! Man, I think you will end up retiring in one of those fjords. :D
Seriously, I hope you had a great time there.
Antonio Bonomi

Norway 2007 Trip

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Jose',

:D :D :D

Maybe I will end up retiring in Norway one day,.. who knows, ...

..surely right now all the researches I am currently making to boost up my knowledge on those ships requires me to go there often, as only there you can really understand, know and find many new informations,..
... especially about Tirpitz ... but the same do apply also to many other KM warships as you know.

I had great time as I do have many very good friends overe there.... as well as I found a lot of new infos I was hunting for, ... :shock:

.. so the competences are growing,..and one day or the other many will benefit from this one as well...... just be a bit patient,....
...... it takes time ... a lot of time and deep researches,... to do a real good job,... :wink:

jollyroger

Re: PG and BS

Post by jollyroger »

Hello Antonio,

I am glad to know that you have spent a good time in Norway!
About Bismarck's camouflage - I need pictures from its last day, 27 may 1941.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,
Veselin
Antonio Bonomi

Bismarck last day

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Vaselin and all,

not to many photos are existing and currently available of the Bismarck during her last day.

The ones currently existing and available are taken from very far away by British ships and Bismarck is just a small dark shadow poorly visible.

So to make a model of her on scale 1:100 you only have to count on existing informatiosn about her configuration and colour scheme.

Soon I will post a complete set of drawings of Bismarck like I did for all the other ships so you can refer to that to make your model, it should be more than enough.

Meanwhile you can refer to my model showing Bismarck on May 24th, 1941 on Denmark Strait battle as a solid base, and than just apply for the last day of her life, so May 27th, 1941, the only modifications they did which was painting the top of the main turrets on Yellow and redo the swastika banners on bow and stern, hoping to get into Luftwaffe protection range the day after ... which never happened.

The model is here :

http://www.kbismarck.com/models/model61.html

_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

Antonio -

Excellent work on your ship models, as always!

I'm curious about one thing regarding the Tamiya models of Bismarck and Tirpitz you have done - did you do anything to Tirpitz (and/or Bismarck) to try to reflect the slightly different shapes of their two respective Atlantic bows? I assume the Tamiya model uses the same hull for each? (I only have the Bismarck). Which ship's bow does the Tamiya model out of the box more closely represent to your trained eye?

Thanks.

Derf
Antonio Bonomi

Tamiya bows

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Derf and all,

Thanks Derf :oops:

.. a very interesting point you raiesd,.. the bows of BS and TP..

..Tirpitz was born perfect with a fantastic beautiful bow,..probably the most beautiful atlantic bow ever made ( SH and GU very close to her )..

.. the first photo I ever saw in my life of Tirpitz was her launchig photo with that fantastic bow, ....

..Bismarck was modified after,..to get closer,..but not quite as sharp as Tirpitz was, ...

.. so in my personal opinion the Tamiya one being vey sharp is closer to Tirpitz bow than the Bismarck one,.. while Academy bow can be closer to Bismarck bow,.. jut to make an example, ......

.. but since I love the Tirpitz sharp bow line,..when I made the Bismarck model, I left there the sharp bow as it was on Tamiya model originally,...

.. but again the difference is not so evident,..we are talking just a small difference,... so I suggest everybody as I did to keep the Tamiya bow as it is originally,...and all models will be ok,,.. and very beautiful too ...

...hope this helps, ...

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html

bb_56

Re: Prinz Eugen

Post by bb_56 »

Hello,
Go to this website if you want original 1/100 plans of the P.E. http://www.dreadnoughtproject.org/plans ... ugen_1940/

You will get free plans and better than anything you can purchase I think.

BB_56