Swastika-decals?

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
Stud Baker

Swastika-decals?

Post by Stud Baker »

I have just started building a model of Tirpitz. But I have just discovered that the dacals are "wrong". There ar no swasticas. Just some lame crosses.
I want my model to be as accurate as possible.
Does anybody know where I can get such decals?
My modelkit is a Heller 1:400.
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

Years ago, I was a fairly serious modeler of the Luftwaffe. There are a vast number of swastica decals for Luftwaffe model aircraft - including several that are about the right size for your need. One decal manufacturer I could suggest is MicroScale (US), but there are many others. Check some of the big model hobby supply stores that are on line - such as Squadron in Dallas. They carry tons of decals.

Good luck.

Derf
Stud Baker

Post by Stud Baker »

_Derfflinger_ wrote:Years ago, I was a fairly serious modeler of the Luftwaffe. There are a vast number of swastica decals for Luftwaffe model aircraft - including several that are about the right size for your need. One decal manufacturer I could suggest is MicroScale (US), but there are many others. Check some of the big model hobby supply stores that are on line - such as Squadron in Dallas. They carry tons of decals.

Good luck.

Derf
Thanks for your tip!
_Derfflinger_
Supporter

Post by _Derfflinger_ »

Good luck on your hunt!

I was a visitor to Norway for the first time in 2004, but did not make it much north of Geiranger. We definitely plan a return to your beautiful country - I'd like to go clear up to Nordkapp on one of the coastal ships to experience it all - including Narvik, Tromso, Alta, etc.

Derf
Stud Baker

Post by Stud Baker »

_Derfflinger_ wrote:Good luck on your hunt!

I was a visitor to Norway for the first time in 2004, but did not make it much north of Geiranger. We definitely plan a return to your beautiful country - I'd like to go clear up to Nordkapp on one of the coastal ships to experience it all - including Narvik, Tromso, Alta, etc.

Derf
I can highly recommend a journey on one of the coastalships. Espescially on the spring/summer. Its quite expensive, but its a beautiful journey!
Antonio Bonomi

Norway trips

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao all,

I cannot agree more with Stud about the fact that Norway is quite expensive :shock:

Unbelievable expensive,.... for a ferry trip ( Hurtigruten ) from Trondheim to Harstad I spent a fortune,... a very beutiful trip,.. but,... it cost way too much.

Sailing on the same KM warships tracks is expensive today :wink: .

Norway is a vey expensive country,.... very expensive,.. airplanes, food, transportations, hotels,...... everything is very expensive,...... :wink:

Better to take a camper,.. load it with foods,.. and spend 4 weeks driving around,... slowly,.... very slowly,... it is full of radar controls all the way thru,.. so be very careful driving, .....

Ciao Antonio :D
John @ WEM

Swastika Decals

Post by John @ WEM »

We stock a sheet of swastika decals in assorted sizes. You can order from our secure website:

http://www.whiteensignmodels.com/acatal ... l_107.html
Cheers,
John Snyder
White Ensign Models
http://WhiteEnsignModels.com