What color Greys?

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
redalb2253

What color Greys?

Post by redalb2253 »

This one has probably been done but any help would be good, I have the Bismarck (Denmarck strait) the Tirpitz ( splinter) the PoW ( Denmarck) and the Sharnhorst thing is I use model master paints so I need to know what greys to use on these ships I am tinking about getting some Wem paints but I need to now what colors to get, thanks for any help all these ships are 1/350.
"Success flourishes only in perseverance ceaseless, restless perseverance"
Baron Manfred von Richthofen
MJQ
Supporter

Re: What color Greys?

Post by MJQ »

redalb2253 wrote:This one has probably been done but any help would be good, I have the Bismarck (Denmarck strait) the Tirpitz ( splinter) the PoW ( Denmarck) and the Sharnhorst thing is I use model master paints so I need to know what greys to use on these ships I am tinking about getting some Wem paints but I need to now what colors to get, thanks for any help all these ships are 1/350.
If you decide to use the WEM paints, here is what I'd use:

For the Bismark:
Hull: DUNKELGRAU 51 (Dark Grey) WEM part #: KM02
Lower Hull: SCHIFFSBODENFARBE III ROT 5 [Underwater Hull Red] KM04
Boot Stripe: SCHIFFSBODENFARBE III GRAU I [Dark Grey Boot-topping] KM05
Superstructure: HELLGRAU 50 (Light Grey) KM01
Steel Decks: DUNKELGRAU 2 (Dark Grey #2) KM06
Wooden Decks: Teak

Which Tirpitz splinter scheme are you doing, the 2 or 3 color version? For the the 2 color version, try BALTIC HELLGRAU KM13, for the lightest color and DUNKELGRAU 2 (Dark Grey #2), KM06, for the darker color on the hull. The lower hull and deck colors would be the same as above.

Which Scharnhorst scheme are you doing - the dark grey with the light bow and stern? If so, I'd use the same colors as the Tirpitz.

The Price of Wales was overall medium gray at the time of Denmark Strait, the WEM match for that is: AP 507B MEDIUM GREY RN02.

You can order the paints right from WEM on their website, which you can go to by clicking here
Martin
redalb2253

Post by redalb2253 »

Thanks for your help Martin I'll probably go ahead with the Wem paint.
"Success flourishes only in perseverance ceaseless, restless perseverance"
Baron Manfred von Richthofen