3-D Bismarck Model

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
Rocco

3-D Bismarck Model

Post by Rocco »

Hey everyone.

I'm new here, and this will be my first post on this site.

Now, I have been working on this project for a while now and this site has helped me so much with getting this far. But I feel there is always room for improvement, so I joined here in hopes that I can get even more help with my model and make her as accurate to the original Bismarck as I possibly can make it.

I modelled her in Google Sketch-Up. When she is done the plan is to put her in a game called Virtual Sailor, so people can enjoy her in action rather than just looking at her on a screen as if she was a museam peice.

These are all my progress shots thus far. They span about a week:

(Note: The crane is not complete yet)

A few things I think that maybe you guys can correct off the bat:

The main and secondary guns appear a bit underscaled. I looked at some pictures of scale models and photos of the real ship and I drew this conclusion. And the mains will have to be redesigned, I know that already. Not so sure about anything else.

Please leave comments and if anyone notices anything that can/need to be improved, or needs more pics so they can see what can be done, let me know. Like I said, I want this to be as accurate as I can get it.

Thanks for looking :D
Ramius

Post by Ramius »

:clap: This is very interesting, when is the game coming out? The secondary battery appears almost to scale, if not at it though. Here is a line drawing of her in October 1940:

Also, here is the link to more line drawings of different colors:
http://www.kbismarck.com/drawings.html

And a page with many useful details on Bismarck in general:
http://www.kbismarck.com/