bismarck fleetscale

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
modelman66

bismarck fleetscale

Post by modelman66 »

hello again i am a very lucky man indeed as my wife and children have clubbed together and ordered me a fleetscale bismarck (hull and weather deck in 1/128 scale).for my birthday as im getting old apperantly , and i wondered has anyone here built this model or similar sized bismarck? any pics of the build (internal detail especially)or links would be appreciated thanks pete
sinjon

Re: bismarck fleetscale

Post by sinjon »

Hello Pete,

Have just found this site, and saw your post.
I am about two weeks into a Fleetscale Bismarck build, but I guess by now you are perhaps way down the line.
However its always a great help to have someone else hitting the same snags - and solving them.
I have also built the Fleetscale Missouri (almost) so although fairly new to ship model making, have some experience, so may be able to swap info.
The most useful thing I found with my Mo, was a Polish card model book (GPM scale 1:200) I was able to enlarge parts of the paper version by 157% to get me to the right scale, and mount down onto plastic sheet , did lots, Radar, Aircraft catapult, Cranes etc. ect.
I have got as far as putting in 4 intrnal frames and the deck support. also the rudders, a bit of belt and braces here, because I don't expect to leave access to them! The prop shafts are in, and a a bit of light relief I have thrown away the resin gun barrels, and made new ones from brass tubeing.
Let me know if you are interested in communicating.

Best Regards
Colin

PS - UK Suffolk
modelman66

Post by modelman66 »

:D sure if i can help i would be more than happy to help this link takes you to my posting of the build as it happens http://www.modelboats.co.uk/forum/forum ... sg=6&#5873
modelman66

Post by modelman66 »

If ive allready posted this i appologise but its the last film i made of my semi scratch built bismarck and here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBgS_gijbaE
modelman66

Post by modelman66 »

Image heres a sample still
RF

Post by RF »

The Swordfish pilots would have loved to have been presented with that image as an actual target....

Good photo.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.