Tirpitz camo August 1939

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
Ulrich Rudofsky
Contributor & Translator

Tirpitz camo August 1939

Post by Ulrich Rudofsky »

The Tirpitz apparently had this camo pattern in August 1939. The only photos that are supposed to show this pattern are not very convincing (Photo 7&8 http://www.bismarck-class.dk/tirpitz/ga ... ngout.html Is there a better source of these and other photos for this wild pattern?

Ulrich
Antonio Bonomi

Re: Tirpitz camo August 1939

Post by Antonio Bonomi »

Ciao Ulrich and all,

I know of course this camouflage pretty well,.. she is my ' Lovely Queen ' ....

What you are looking for Ulrich,.... there are some other photos of this camo, .. and you should know that the other side was a lot different, .....

Let me know how I can help you,.....

Ciao Antonio :D
In order to honor a soldier, we have to tell the truth about what happened over there. The whole, hard, cold truth. And until we do that, we dishonor her and every soldier who died, who gave their life for their country. ( Courage Under Fire )
Ulrich Rudofsky
Contributor & Translator

Post by Ulrich Rudofsky »

Antonio

I was looking for a hi-res photo of this camo. The one on the internet is very poor. Probably a copy of a copy of a copy....from some book. Also: what was the other side like? I know the Normandie/Lafayette had camo only on the starboard side because the other side was against the dock and could not be painted without turning the ship around. She burned before that could be done.

USS LAFAYETTE
USS LAFAYETTE
Ulrich
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Ulrich Rudofsky wrote:Antonio

I was looking for a hi-res photo of this camo. The one on the internet is very poor. Probably a copy of a copy of a copy....from some book. Also: what was the other side like? I know the Normandie/Lafayette had camo only on the starboard side because the other side was against the dock and could not be painted without turning the ship around. She burned before that could be done.
Hi Ulrich ~ With regard to the Lafayette, do you have an idea what colours they might have used? Haze Grey, Navy Blue, Sea Blue, etc, etc?

Any help is highly appreciated,

Best ~ Olaf

P.S. 'Happy Translating' :wink:
Why the Navy? Well,.... I was young and short on money...
http://linerpara.de