Scharnhorst in 3D

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
rtwpsom2

Re: Scharnhorst in 3D

Post by rtwpsom2 »

Sorry, contractual obligations required me to take them down. I am going to have some new ones up soon.
rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

I have some more work done on the Scharnhorst, and thought you guys might like to see. I would also like to thank you guys for helping me out so much. I would also like to mention that I have created a set of drawings for the Scharnhorst in her 1943 config that I will begin selling soon. Please look for the post in the buy and sell forum if you are interested in purchasing a set.
I would also like to mention that I have created a set of drawings for the Scharnhorst in her 1943 config that I will begin selling soon. Please look for the post in the buy and sell forum if you are interested in purchasing a set.
rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

Some renders of the camo scheme, still missing a few markings. I can't do the blast bags for the guns, not something a solid modeling program can handle. It runs six gigs in memory when completely open.

rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

Some renders of the camo scheme, still missing a few markings. I can't do the blast bags for the guns, not something a solid modeling program can handle. It runs six gigs in memory when completely open.

rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

After some discussions with a friend concerning the camo scheme, I have made some revisions.

Kyler

Post by Kyler »

Awesome stuff is all I can say. :clap:

Where do you learn how do all of that?
"It was a perfect attack, Right Height, Right Range, Right cloud cover, Right speed,
Wrong f@%king ship!" Commander Stewart-Moore (HMS Ark Royal)
marcelo_malara

Post by marcelo_malara »

Wonderfull work man, congratulations. i think that Antonio should give his blessing to the camo scheme.

kind regards
rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

Kyler, I am self taught. I have spent the better part of four years learning everything there is to know about SolidWorks. The hardest part was getting good reference material. Thanks for the compliment.

Marcelo, I don't know if Atonio will like mine beyond the coolness factor, as it doesn't exactly agree with his. I had some help from Steve Wiper on it, but not even he will agree completely with it. Mine is basically a cross between Steve's ideas and Antonio's drawing. But I have a good image library and I am confident mine is pretty accurate. Thanks.
JohnMGD
Supporter

Post by JohnMGD »

Hello,

Went to your thread here, but don't see any pictures. Do you have a website where I could see the 3D drawings of Scharnhorst ??
Or does anybody downloaded the pictures and could send them to me ??

JMGD.
nimitz

Post by nimitz »

Hello guys!

Working on the Scharnhorst, I'd like to have your advice about this work (Battle of North Cape):

The shadowing isn' t made and FuMo has to be turned.
rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

I have created a gallery of the Scharnhorst in 3D on my website (http://www.tankwerkz.com/schgal.html) for those who would like to see the model.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Thanks for sharing, Rob, great work.

As you noted that the cammo colours are wrong, may I assume that you went for the grey shades instead of the blue ones?

Then, I don't know if this is the final product, but there are a few things about your deck colours that strike me odd. First, you have round areas around the 10.5 AA guns left in a wooden colour. Why is that? I mean, the blue is wrong there too, as is the wood, but why leaving these circles around the gun mounts?

The colour of the wooden crated panels on the open bridge are said to have been more brown in colour, maybe they were stained.

The wooden slatted panels of the foretop gallery could have been a different colour too, not the same as the main deck teak 'colour' ... there may have been other decks or platforms with those slatted panels, i.e. searchlight and/or AA gun platforms - but I don't know for sure ...

However, this is great work and I wish I could do things like that!

Happy 3D-rendering ~ Olaf!

EDIT: As someone noted before: It should be "Schlachtschiff" Scharnhorst, not the plural "Schlachtschiffe" ...
Why the Navy? Well,.... I was young and short on money...
http://linerpara.de
rtwpsom2

Post by rtwpsom2 »

As stated before, I am not a color guy, I was more concerned with getting the model right. The round areas around the 105mm's is a radial pattern of wood decking that is flush with the steel treadplate deck.
RF

Post by RF »

rtwpsom2 wrote:I have created a gallery of the Scharnhorst in 3D on my website (http://www.tankwerkz.com/schgal.html) for those who would like to see the model.
Nice set of images, thanks for the post.
''Give me a Ping and one Ping only'' - Sean Connery.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

rtwpsom2 wrote:The round areas around the 105mm's is a radial pattern of wood decking that is flush with the steel treadplate deck.
I'm pretty sure the entire deck in this area was steel. Do you have a photo showing these radial patterns? Do you still have my e-mail addy?

Happy modelling ~ Olaf!
Why the Navy? Well,.... I was young and short on money...
http://linerpara.de