Tirpitz deck plans

Talk about your projects, exchange ideas, tips, colors, etc.
mortensen

Tirpitz deck plans

Post by mortensen »

I'm working on creating a set of the Tirpitz deck plans from the original 1/100 scale 1941 plans. There is one item on the plans I don't know how to translate - Twistkiste. The literal translation doesn't make sense (twisted box). There are multiple of these throughout the ship on different decks. They appear to be nothing more than a locker of some type, but of what type?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Mortensen
www.shiparchive.com
rtwpsom2

Re: Tirpitz deck plans

Post by rtwpsom2 »

Kiste translates to crate, so it must be some form of short term stowage locker.
Olaf

Re: Tirpitz deck plans

Post by Olaf »

Dear Mark ~ Sorry for the late reply, I didn't notice this thread before ...

I assume you have solved the problem with the "Twistkiste"?

Btw, I had a look at your website, esp. the Tirpitz section and I noticed some ... eeehh ... unusual translations of the German deck names. Don't get me wrong, but if your plans are for commercial use, i.e. selling them to others, you then should think about spending a few bucks on a professional translator. :whistle:

I know the board is the wrong place for this, but I would be very delighted if you drop me a PM or an e-mail and I will see how I can provide some help at affordable rates - to make your plans really worth the time and money you've already spent on them.

Happy plan-drawing ~ Olaf!
Why the Navy? Well,.... I was young and short on money...
http://linerpara.de